Dweezil: Where did you get these stickers?

voes said:
This forum is wonderfull, just did mine LF. Used plain paper, laminated it, cut it out and used double folded gaffa-tape

05bis.jpg

Thanks all for the many tips. Especially Dweezil for the idea, edoboss for the template and guitardojo for the laminating tip.

What did you cut the holes w/? Also, did you take of the nuts on the pedalboard to get them on? Thanks.

elchampion said:
What software are you using voes? I opened those .rar files and I found some software to open the .dwg files but can't really do anything with them. The software I found was AutoDesk Design and DWG TrueView, both aren't very user friendly.
I could be mistaken, but iirc CorelDraw has an import filter for .dwg's. .dwg is native AutoCAD format, but not that much more than vector-files. At least it used to be that way...

Maybe Inkscape can import them.

Dutch said:
elchampion said:
What software are you using voes? I opened those .rar files and I found some software to open the .dwg files but can't really do anything with them. The software I found was AutoDesk Design and DWG TrueView, both aren't very user friendly.
I could be mistaken, but iirc CorelDraw has an import filter for .dwg's. .dwg is native AutoCAD format, but not that much more than vector-files. At least it used to be that way...

Maybe Inkscape can import them.

I used coreldraw. tried to import the .dwg files, but didn't succeed. so I imported the .pdf files.

after that I redraw everything.

FYI, I also changed the original size. (for those who can remember the previous photo, this photo is updated now!).
Made a little bit smaller, because S13-S16 came over the top and also rounded the egdes more like the original of Dweezil Zappa.
Also added smaller ones for the P1-P6 buttons.

Those who are interested in these template-files, PM me. I use coreldraw, but I can export to different types.

javajunkie said:
voes said:
This forum is wonderfull, just did mine LF. Used plain paper, laminated it, cut it out and used double folded gaffa-tape

Thanks all for the many tips. Especially Dweezil for the idea, edoboss for the template and guitardojo for the laminating tip.

What did you cut the holes w/? Also, did you take of the nuts on the pedalboard to get them on? Thanks.

cut the holes with a simple stanley knife. Because I did take the nuts off, it hadn't to be a perfect circle cut ;)

Looks great Voes.
I'll only be able to put small labels on my LG(x). :cry:
Or I could wait until the MFC is available. ;)

Update: removed the double folded gaffa-tape with double sided tape which is much better. The double folded gaffa was too thick.

I'm working on a publisher version. I am using photo paper which is a little thicker. I didn't like my first run thru so I am going to try, some different colors fonts

Thanks to Voes for sending me the templates. It took me a few hours of cutting thru the laminates and drilling the holes out with a drill, but they look great. Tonight I will put them in place and post a pic!!
DSC04140.jpg

R.D. said:
AWESOME !

Thanks ....

De nada !

I was just getting bored at work !! ;)

BTW : these stickers are 60*40mm (2"3/8 * 1"9/16)
Use the scale function of your printer to adjust...
The colors are also quite crude, but you can tell one from the other, which is, ultimately, what's asked from them.

Have fun, again !

Just checked it again. It does work. But it the server is VERY slow. I guess it can even time out if it's somewhat loaded. Give it some time once you've clicked on the link... And try again if it doesn't work.

And if anyone's got a good FREE solution for hosting this kind of files (and pictures accessible from a forum), I'm all ears !

Cheers,

David

Wuala's my favorite free file storage solution right now -- 1 gig free -- up to 100 gigs if you're the type to keep your computer on all the time.
I think you can use it to post pics on forums also.
If this random pic (someone else's, on someone else's Wuala account) of a bicycle shows up, then it can work...
bike.JPG

Back
Top Bottom