Dweezil Playing Eruption

That sounds... Huge!

Just a year ago that would not be possible... A box that sounds like that live!
I would love to dissect that preset!

Dang, nabbed again, this time by Strato.

Awesome. I love how he does his own thing with the classic, but still NAILS it! I like how he keeps it bouncy, fun and elastic too. What a great player to have in the Axewelt! I'm gonna try to catch ZPZ tonight if I can squeeze in.

Shows again how broad a range the guitar can cover, Dweezil's tone is bright and fierce, at the same time I'm listening to U2 play Sunday Bloody Sunday live in the 80s, and The Edge has such a mid bark, kinda dull tone.

Both are great, and both can be done with the Axe easily.

Now someone explain to me how to program that multiband compressor please :mrgreen:

Having grown up in the "Eddie Years" trying to cop the new lick/trick each new album, that recording just floored me. No exaggeration. Wow. I've followed Dweezil's work since the 80's and the playing doesn't surprise me (I know he can do that stuff ;), but the guitar sound does!

hunter said:
Shows again how broad a range the guitar can cover, Dweezil's tone is bright and fierce, at the same time I'm listening to U2 play Sunday Bloody Sunday live in the 80s, and The Edge has such a mid bark, kinda dull tone.

Now someone explain to me how to program that multiband compressor please :mrgreen:
Well said, on all points.

gag halfrunt said:
hunter said:

Well said, on all points.

With the multiband, think of have a compressor for your highs, mids, and lows. So say you have a tone that is thick and full but when gets loud, it gets a bit muddy. You can set frequency of one the band to offending frequency and have it turn compress the lows only when the bass volume hits a certain level. That is just one example.

You can really shape the tonal characteristic dramatically this way .

Back
Top Bottom