AFIII Dweezil on the road ROCKING THE III (European edition)

So the show was great as expected last night , hopefully someone other than me got some vid, or pix, I chose to be in the moment for the show and phone-free. DZ’s III tones were dead on for the iconic Hot Rats FZ parts (With a little sugar cane Harris violin tossed in,,), and the new custom LP he used for the entire album set was amazing and stayed in tune despite a sweaty venue...(the owner promised new AC for next season..good thing cuz Ron Onesti, the owner/operator
Of the Arcada is one of the last theater venues in Chicagoland heavily booking our kind of music..(at least three FAS using acts in a weeks time ((DZ, Adrian Belew, and (!) Todd frakkin Rundgren next Tuesday....)) ).
....FAS friend and Dweezilla vet Joe Guzzo and all of us got a nice treat when he went up to jam Cozmik Debris and the band a)
Subbed “guzzo” in for every time they sang ‘brother ‘, ‘guru’ and whatever else seemed to fit...And b) then ".........

IKE WILLIS appeared on stage to join the band and Joe, then stayed to sing Outside Now.
Nice .

So the show was great as expected last night , hopefully someone other than me got some vid, or pix, I chose to be in the moment for the show and phone-free. DZ’s III tones were dead on for the iconic Hot Rats FZ parts (With a little sugar cane Harris violin tossed in,,), and the new custom LP he used for the entire album set was amazing and stayed in tune despite a sweaty venue...(the owner promised new AC for next season..good thing cuz Ron Onesti, the owner/operator
Of the Arcada is one of the last theater venues in Chicagoland heavily booking our kind of music..(at least three FAS using acts in a weeks time ((DZ, Adrian Belew, and (!) Todd frakkin Rundgren next Tuesday....)) ).
....FAS friend and Dweezilla vet Joe Guzzo and all of us got a nice treat when he went up to jam Cozmik Debris and the band a)
Subbed “guzzo” in for every time they sang ‘brother ‘, ‘guru’ and whatever else seemed to fit...And b) then ".........

IKE WILLIS appeared on stage to join the band and Joe, then stayed to sing Outside Now.
Nice .

Our mutual buddy Joe Guzzo must have been in FZ/DZ heaven!

So....have any of our Fractal Friends in the Netherlands, Denmark ., Sweden, and Norway catch this latest set? Pics and vids welcome.

Went to the Leeds show last night, thanks to traffic and bad weather on the A1 I missed the first 15min. Still, what a performance

I was exceptional musicianship, and they delivered in spades. Grooves and time signatures changed effortlessly, I'm only familiar with a few Zappa tunes but I was thoroughly impressed.

I gather the "Secret Word of the night" is a bit of a thing as there was quite a few funny comments about the leaders of the national political parties from the crowd when Dweezil mentioned it.
He settled on the name of a town in the east midlands called Scunthorpe.
Evidently Dweezil and the band were highly amused at the name as it was mentioned often as the night went of and there was even a blues song about Guitar Johnson picking "Prince Andy" up in a Limo in Scunthorpe and driving to Woking to have Pizza and halfway through a lengthy instrumental piece they launched into 3/4's of My Sharona,

The female lead singer wasn't there, but the rest of the band was the same. The bearded guy singing playing guitar and keyboards, percussion and a few other things were particualy good, he nailed Franks singing style in a few tunes.

Dweezil and the III rig sounded great, He had the LP and the Strat style guitar, no sign of the Tele style guitar. I'd like to know what the rest of the rack was, and what it's used for.

The guy sat next to me was talking to his friend and they were trying to explain where Dweezil's amps were. I pointed to the black box with the blue lights and explained all the amps and most of the effects were coming from there, I then showed them the Instagram post Fractal put up comparing Dweezils 2009 rig with the current and how the III had replaced racks of gear.
He said he'd never realised technology had got to this level. During the intermission we went to the front and he was asking all kinds of questions about the rig.
He asked where they could be bought from and took details of G66
Funny thing is, he looked just like Matt Piccone. So unless I've been conned and Matt can do a perfect English accent Matt has a dopelganger in the UK who's about to buy into the Fractal world

Anyway, a few pics
DSC_0043.jpgDSC_0042.jpgDSC_0045.jpgDSC_0044.jpg

Back
Top Bottom