Dweezil at L.A. Amp Show (Premiere Guitar)

Here are some insider notes for the video. When I wrote the intertitles, I was expecting that they'd cut a lot more material from the final vid.

1. Expression pedals control delay feedback and time. Two amps are crossfaded with a mixer, also showing how they react differently to a fuzz face we created in A/B testing with a 1967 original.

2. Here, the mixer changes between Cameron Med and Cameron High. The different character of these amps is showcased.

3. Previously, Dweezil used two real dynaflangers in his rig. We took the chance to dial these in on the Axe-Fx II and he felt we really nailed it. He shows how the amp cleans up with the vol control, then demonstrates a pedal which creates detune before engaging a classic type whammy.

4. Triggered Phrases. You can pretty much figure this one out. An expression pedal controls a filter, simulating a variable PEQ pedal we replaced using the Axe-Fx II.

5. New TX STAR LEAD model, here with a BB PRE. Some nice emphasis on how it cleans up.

Last edited:
Ok, now I get it - I thought what the hell are they doing.

Yes the guy looks very stoned;)

Hi Matt, will there be a TX star clean channel as well .

I noticed in one vid you guys were talking to Mark Cameron a lot ..did you guys figure anything new about the amp from those conversations that kinda made ya go "Thats how he does It"

Axe2 sounds great ...

I noticed in one vid you guys were talking to Mark Cameron a lot ..did you guys figure anything new about the amp from those conversations that kinda made ya go "Thats how he does It"

No, since Cliff had the schematic. He was promised an actual amp though, for final tuning of the model. This has been arranged.

I was there and without quoting it went something like this...

M: That is damn close. I'm impressed. Maybe a tad of this or a little of that here and there.
C: That is about as far as I could take it with the schematic. I'll need the amp to really fine tune and dial in the rest.
M&C: Banter back and forth about the amp, Dweezils playing, and getting one to Cliff.

Was really cool to see the interaction and comittment to "get it right" from both!

All goodness for us mere mortals!

I dont recognize the tags on the MFC does anyone know who's they are??

If memory serves me correctly at the NY amp show they were using Kick Tags ( pedalboardlabels.com - Kick-ass labels for Kick-ass midi controllers!! )

John

NewPicture-1.jpg

Point to this video for the folks who want to ask 'Does it clean up well as volume knob goes down?' The FX were interesting, but THAT's what really caught my ear.

Nice stuff!

Ron

I dont recognize the tags on the MFC does anyone know who's they are??
If I remember correctly, Dweezil makes them himself. Petrucci mentioned something about getting some from him a while back.

EDIT: [foot in mouth] see below

Last edited:
The labels are made by Thomas Nordegg who is Dweezil's and Steve Vai's tech. IIRC they are held down with spray adhesive.

6L6C said:
Yeah totally agree! I like them, I have Stomplables right now the artwork is great but sometimes its to much in your face when you look down.
My Stomplables are also fading a bit, just thinking of going to Kick Tags, a set that's a bit more plain than what I currently have.

Maybe something like these 'Subtle' theme (Surround Set) - pedalboardlabels.com

Sukh from KickTags is a great guy and his product is awesome. I definitely recommend you go with that.

Back
Top Bottom