Dumble Shmumble Bossa Clip - Remix uploaded

scottl

Hey guys,

I tweaked a bit more...... Mono Hi Rez cab - 2X12 Blues. R121 Mic. I turned the gain down a bit and messed with the power amp.

This is one of Journo's backings...... I am always at a loss at what to play on those syrupy sweet majors!! Somehow I am much more at home on the minors......

Here is the clip..... What do you all think? Second take..... Wingin' it.

http://scottlernermusic.com/axe/GoneFlatAxe.mp3

Re: Dumble Shmumble Bossa Clip - New Patch tweaks

Edit: Problem is on my end. My toddler must have mucked with my Duet...arg...

I knew I rolled some highs of using the high cut, but I did not think it was quite that bad! :| A little more "air" would be cool, or maybe a different cab model. THose Blues are kind of dark and compressed.

Thanks for listening!

iaresee said:

Scott, the clip was superb man. I really like the patch with less gain on it. All the depth is there, it shows when you dig in and when you lay back.

The original problem required a Duet reboot. Sounded pretty funny before that!

scottl said:
I knew I rolled some highs of using the high cut, but I did not think it was quite that bad! :| A little more "air" would be cool, or maybe a different cab model. THose Blues are kind of dark and compressed.

Thanks for listening!

iaresee said:

That's really nice man. Almost "steely dan" in feel. And I DIG that style. The cab model and less gain just works better overall to fit my personal taste; but that's subjective. Great stuff.

I agree with Scott -- definitely Steely Dan-ish. Good stuff, nice tone, nice playing, nice feel.

This sounds great Scott. I dialed in the settings from your Bad Milk patch, and played for about two hours. It was a huge difference (and improvement) from the default settings on that HAD ODS 1 sim. What other changes did you make for this one, besides less gain and the different cab and mic?

For me, using my PRS Singlecut, the Bad Milk patch really made my guitar sing, I couldn't put the thing down!

scottl said:
Hey guys,

I tweaked a bit more...... Mono Hi Rez cab - 2X12 Blues. R121 Mic. I turned the gain down a bit and messed with the power amp.

This is one of Journo's backings...... I am always at a loss at what to play on those syrupy sweet majors!! Somehow I am much more at home on the minors......

Here is the clip..... What do you all think? Second take..... Wingin' it.

http://scottlernermusic.com/axe/GoneFlatAxe.mp3

I love this lower gain setup.

May I ask what strings, pick and cable are you using?
I got me a Vovox Sonorus cable and it's so revealing that my usual strings and pick
don't do it for me anymore.... every little flaw is now exposed now.

:?:

Firstly, Scott, thanks for taking the time to post your settings in the prior thread. No way I would have arrived at that tone on my own, and it just sounded so good.

I'm with the camp that likes a bit less gain, this sounds even better.

Sincere thanks.

Sounds great, very Carltonian. Love the subtle Delay/reverb.

AndrewSimon said:
I got me a Vovox Sonorus cable and it's so revealing that my usual strings and pick
don't do it for me anymore.... every little flaw is now exposed now.

:?:
I that case I won't buy me one. I have a hard enough time disguising that I can hardly play.

Tell me please, where I can find that BAD MILK patch...?
Thank you...

Played with this patch last night. Wow: I'm with the other guy who said there's no way I would have arrived at this on my own. Were you A/B'ing with your Dumble all the way through? 'Cause those advanced settings are out there. Inspired me to revisit a few of my own patches and find out what some of those advanced settings do to them. Thanks for that!

I slapped a Rotary block after the cab in the patch -- oh my oh my, this is a great amp to drive a leslie sim!

Thanks so much guys!!! I'll upload this patch tonight.

Also, I remixed the track. I uploaded a full version. I had made a mistake in mix and left a second track armed. Some weirdness going on. This one should be better!

Buttery smooth and sweet! The tone in this clip is exceptional.

I'm also in the camp that likes this one better. However, it's apples and oranges. The higher gain patch will fit places this one won't. They are both great!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Terry.

Thanks Terry! More tweaks and clips coming!

Tone Seeker said:
Buttery smooth and sweet! The tone in this clip is exceptional.

I'm also in the camp that likes this one better. However, it's apples and oranges. The higher gain patch will fit places this one won't. They are both great!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Terry.

Hi,

This is slightly off topic but in case you want to have a go at the track Scott had fun with, please visit my site BT King at the following URL:
http://nermark.articulateimages.com

I hope you will find some tracks there for your enjoyment. There are more than 100 upploaded!

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats N said:
I hope you will find some tracks there for your enjoyment. There are more than 100 upploaded!
Mats. . . . I've been looking around, and there's some great stuff up there!

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom