Dual CPU upgrade

Should Fractal consider this?

• Total voters

prometh

Power User
Much like the Digitech GSP-2101, it'd be cool if there was a purchasable upgrade package to add a second CPU. This CPU would allow for complete blending between 2 patches and/or full spill over. Perhaps even patches that make use of both CPUs (and thus, disabling blending for that patch).

I haven't voted yet, but it seems to me that such an option would require a rewrite of the AxeFx, right?
Essentially it would be a new product.

Not a complete rewrite, but some parts would need to be rewritten. No different than any other firmware update, really. The main thing is whether or not the hardware currently supports this. If not, this feature would get pushed to a new product... but that's only if Fractal even considers this idea

Hate to say it, but this is just another topic-clogging fantasy wish.

I understand the fun in imagining all the amazing things we'd like from the Axe, even if it is for the next generation product. But the Wish List is congested even without all the wishes that are simply impossible. They add up quickly.

Why not think really hard about what you'd like most for the current product. Take your wishes for the current Axe and distill them down to the two or three that you (and others....very important) could really use; the ones that are achievable and make the most sense. Many firmware changes were born this way. Wanting to push a button and have the Axe turn into a flying car to take you to Cogswell Cogs is great topic for the Lounge.

FWIW, I've owned four TSR-24s, *all* with the PPC-200 upgrade, so I know where you are coming from. And everyone is entitled to post whatever they want within guidelines (which I don't think you have violated in any way). I would just personally like to see a more pragmatic approach to this section. It's the most exciting section IMO. Watching as a wish is suggested, talked over, refined, and then ultimately implemented reaffirms just how awesome Fractal Audio is.

I have made quite a few requests already, and have voted/commented on many others that I would've requested myself if others had not. I wouldn't call this topic a clog, and I know what I'm doing when I make requests ;)

You are requesting new firmware that will allow a second CPU to be inserted. This is a pointless wish.

What are you going to plug it into? Unless the original board has an expansion port integrated it's just not possible.

prometh said:
The main thing is whether or not the hardware currently supports this.
It does not.
348sf89.jpg

steadystate said:
You are requesting new firmware that will allow a second CPU to be inserted. This is a pointless wish.

That's your opinion, but others may think otherwise, hence the purpose of the poll... but...

iaresee said:
prometh said:
The main thing is whether or not the hardware currently supports this.
It does not.

... but it is, indeed, truly pointless now. Or, so it would seem to me— I'm no technician.

prometh said:
I have made quite a few requests already, and have voted/commented on many others that I would've requested myself if others had not. I wouldn't call this topic a clog, and I know what I'm doing when I make requests ;)

I've read your wishes for the Amp Designer software, Talk Box emulator, Block Labels for the lcd display, and extra Block spaces for effects. I've come to the conclusion that the argument just isn't worth it. I believe that you believe. I'll just continue to sift through the chaff. Enjoy.

There is no provision for a second DSP. That is a fact. I'll conceed that whether or not that makes this wish pointless is a matter of opinion. Even if a 2nd DSP could be added, it would not provide the benefits you probably anticipate.

Having 2 Axe-Fx units for 1 instrument would be a major pain when it comes to patch maintenance.

true true..
My setup would be a major pain on stage.....a major pain. good for studio though. My own version of multiple cpu's: blend to taste. :oops: The axe-fx ended my G.A.S. though.

Attachments

• gear 1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 65
Shreddy Better said:
true true..
My setup would be a major pain on stage.....a major pain. good for studio though. My own version of multiple cpu's: blend to taste. :oops: The axe-fx ended my G.A.S. though.

You don't need dual cpu's you need at least two more feet. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom