Drivers axe Fx dont work El capitain apple

freecadre

Fractal audio update driver for new os Apple El capitan ? Thé actualy driver doesnt work!!! And i think lots of user use Mac . Thanks. El capitain go out in 10 days

I've been running the El Capitan Beta for weeks-months (since whenever it started) with zero issues.
What specifically does not work for you?

Last edited:
I've been running the El Capitan Beta for weeks-months (since whenever it started) with zero issues.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english... Im french ;)
With logic pro, the synchronisation midi... run and loose... sometime
I have a IMAC LATE 2013
Sometime the axe edit lose too the synchronisation ...Not you?
It do the same thing with my MBA LATE 2013 too.
Fractal update the driver you think?
Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english... Im french ;)
With logic pro, the synchronisation midi... run and loose... sometime
I have a IMAC LATE 2013
Sometime the axe edit lose too the synchronisation ...Not you?
It do the same thing with my MBA LATE 2013 too.
Fractal update the driver you think?
Thanks a lot.

The driver is provided by Apple. The Axe-Fx is a class-compliant device. The driver is provided by the OS. You will need to contact Apple.

The driver is provided by Apple. The Axe-Fx is a class-compliant device. The driver is provided by the OS. You will need to contact Apple.[/QUOTE

????
And that Fractal Audio Systems USB Setup for OS X
(v167 - Jun 21 2013) - Disk Image - Required for all USB-equipped Fractal Audio Systems products under OS X. Requires 10.5.7 for MIDI-over-USB and 10.7.4 for USB Audio.
Fractal Audio Systems - Support

The driver is provided by fractal, and not by apple.If you dint install this drivers , the axe is not recognized.
Im really disappointed for this answer :evil
Do you work in fractal company????

The driver is provided by Apple. The Axe-Fx is a class-compliant device. The driver is provided by the OS. You will need to contact Apple.[/QUOTE

????
(v167 - Jun 21 2013) - Disk Image - Required for all USB-equipped Fractal Audio Systems products under OS X. Requires 10.5.7 for MIDI-over-USB and 10.7.4 for USB Audio.

The driver is provided by fractal, and not by apple.If you dint install this drivers , the axe is not recognized.

That is not the audio driver. That is the firmware loader. It loads the firmware which then tells the computer that the device is an Audio Class 2.0 device. If you are having audio or MIDI issues then the problem is with the computer or the Audio Class 2.0 driver and you will need to contact Apple.

????

As to your question of if he "works in fractal company?"
Yeah, that's Cliff, owner of Fractal Audio and designer of all their products.
He'd know the right answer

Sent from my iPhone

I'm running El Capitan Beta either, no problems with my axe xl or edit or bot!

If you want to get help, please describe your problem as detailed as possible...

El Capitan Beta seemed to work fine.

I just ran FractalBot on the GM of El Capitan and it does dot see my AxeFX II... ran the fractal "Driver" installer again and the Mac still won't see the Axe-FX ... so looks like there IS something wrong with El Capitan and Axe-FX integration.

I will open a support ticket

Edit:-

Well that is weird!

I was opening a ticket when I went through extra steps to ensure I documented all the trouble shooting.

I unplugged USB at the Axe-FX end and replugged it in ... no difference
ensured all cables were well seated ... no difference
unplugged the USB at the Mac end and replugged it in ... no difference
Tried it in a different USB socket on my Mac ... BINGO!!! Worked!!
updated to Quantum
Rebooted

then lost connection with Mac!

plugged it back into the original socket and it worked again.

looking at this further it seems you have to plug the Axe-FX in ONCE it has booted ... if you switch the AXE-FX ON WHILST connected to USB it does not work.

Try switching on the AXE-FX whist it is NOT connected to USB then plug it in...works for me

Last edited:
Hmm, that's weird i'm still on beta, will check that later today as well, if i have the same problem give me the ticket number ...

Last edited:
Worked fine on the Betas for me.

only noticed this when trying to run Fractal Bot to upgrade to Quantum.. Axe-Edit could not see it either.

the work around for me is to plug the Axe-FX in once it has booted up ... works fine then.

Ok, i have just installed Quantum on GM El Capitan either, sorry didn't read the steps you've written before.

Fractal-Bot had no problem.

Installing was fine, no failure.

Axe-Edit immediately connected and communicating

Mac OS connecting with the AxeFx just fine

I disconnected USB while Axe was on , operating system connects again with the same USB Port.

Started Axe Edit and bot again no problem with connecting here either

I did not reinstall anything.

My system Macbook Pro (early 2012), 16GB RAM
AxeFX XL
78 inches shielded USB cable

Last edited:
So if you boot up the Axe-FX II whilst it is plugged into your mac via USB .... it works fine?

My System:-
Mac Mini Late 2012 16GB RAM
Axe-FX II (Mark I)

Back
Top Bottom