Wish Drive Blocks

At first I thought that this limitation would be bothersome. Then I realised that I could get where I needed to to with PEQs and amplifiers' internal EQs. Season to tastes with X/Y on those blocks and, well... you know.

My analog board almost always had 3+ drives and they would end up all on at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine too. I always had two overdrives, a distortion and a fuzz. I'd mix and match them as needed when needed and they were always right in front of me.

Ok, so if the FX8 loads all the different types of blocks on boot up, why can't I select which blocks I want at boot up? Say, I never use any reverb blocks and I want two extra drive blocks, perhaps there is a way to tell the FX8 which blocks and how many of each I want to load upon booting up?

I know, that is probably a pain in the arse to program, but it would be very flexible.

Last edited:
It does make more sense for the FX8 since a drive pedal may be used for a clean starting point when going through different back line amps all the time. With the Axe, you could get gain stages from Amp blocks in addition to the Drives, but with the FX8, 2 is all you have. I've never been a pedal guy, but as I learn the FX8, theses sorts of things become more apparent.

We can probably squeeze in an extra Drive block or two.

Cliff - that would be extremely cool. 4 drive blocks per patch/preset/scene works for me, especially when there is also X/Y functionality. That way, I can set up different flavors of drive pedals on the top row - i.e., a Clean Boost, Fuzz, OD and Distortion and then mods, delay and verb on the bottom row.

Love it.

It does make more sense for the FX8 since a drive pedal may be used for a clean starting point when going through different back line amps all the time. With the Axe, you could get gain stages from Amp blocks in addition to the Drives, but with the FX8, 2 is all you have. I've never been a pedal guy, but as I learn the FX8, theses sorts of things become more apparent.

This is how I set up when using pedals and an amp.
I'd have a clean boost always on (ehx soul food) and then use at least 2 different drives together depending on what's called for.
4 drives would be great and exactly what I'd need.
Apart from that I'm loving the fx8.

We can probably squeeze in an extra Drive block or two.

This would also be useful for me, as my non-Fractal pedal board has 4 drive pedals, each with a characteristic that I like either used solo or when combined. Thanks as always for listening to the user suggestions...you guys rock!

For my main patch, I just use X/Y on the drives so I effectively have 4 drives available. I'll never run 4 at a time so concurrency isn't an issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom