Drive Block Status

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
For those chomping at the bit:
1. New Drive block algorithm (FASPICE) implemented and working.
2. Currently going through each pedal and comparing to real pedal.
3. Cool features: You can select the type and number of diodes for the positive and negative polarity. The "dry" level is adjustable. I.e. for a Tube Screamer this is 1.0 by default but you can decrease/increase to taste.
4. Sounds great.

Exciting news! Once again - Axe Fx 3 is probably the best purchase I've made .. EVER!

Are all the drive models getting totally reworked from the ground up? Is there a huge difference? Perhaps to the point that its going to warrant reworking all presets? Any new pedals? This is super exciting!

Hopefully cpu usage will stay similar or lower. I've been wanting to experiment with stacking drives (which is new for me) like some realworld demos I've seen.

For those chomping at the bit:
1. New Drive block algorithm (FASPICE) implemented and working.
2. Currently going through each pedal and comparing to real pedal.
3. Cool features: You can select the type and number of diodes for the positive and negative polarity. The "dry" level is adjustable. I.e. for a Tube Screamer this is 1.0 by default but you can decrease/increase to taste.
4. Sounds great.

Are the models replaced, or will the current ones be kept and the new ones added?

Cliff - thanks very much for the update. I am really looking forward to this FW update... I think that this update will make me seriously consider using Ax III instead of my FX8 for those times when I blow the dust off my old amps.

Was wondering if the specific models will be revealed while you're comparing them to the real world counterpart. IOW - Is it going to be a very specific version / revision or is it more of a "in the style of" deal?

I ask because I remember being obsessed with Muff variants and it'd be great to know which pedal exactly it models and how far we can tweak the internals.

Great! I hope EQ and tone controls will now mimic the real pedals.
I think they currently behave quite differently in some models, for example the tone of the fuzz pi or the EQ of the tube driver.

PS:
You can select the type and number of diodes for the positive and negative polarity
Why not type of transistors/opamps too? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom