Drive block Sample Rate wierdness.

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I have noticed that even when the Drive Block mix is set to zero the sample block parameter still has an effect on the dry signal.

What is the go with that?

I was hoping to create an effect of fading in a reduced sample rate drive block using the mix parameter assigned to an expression pedal but I can't do it unless I use a mixer block to cross fade.

Right the sample rate, eq settings, tone, and level are still effected when the mix is at 0.
It is probably placed after the tone controls, that is why it still active when mix is at 0.

Mix at 0 is not = bypass. The tone controls and as, stated here sample rate parameters, are still in play.
that's right. many firmwares ago it used to be Mix 0 = Bypass and I actually preferred it that way. a bit like parallel compression in the distortion world. would be cool to have a selectable option how Mix works...

that's right. many firmwares ago it used to be Mix 0 = Bypass and I actually preferred it that way. a bit like parallel compression in the distortion world. would be cool to have a selectable option how Mix works...

this is exactly what i'm trying to do. Is there a reason why anyone would want to set a mix at 0% and still want the tone controls? Does that mean at that point it's just a strange EQ block or is there more going on here? It seeems as if the hi/low cuts are still in play as well?

Why on earth would they have change it?
I vaguely remember Cliff saying that the "old" behaviour wasn't correct and therefor fixed. I liked the "parallel distortion" to blend in some sizzle from drive pedals. it still kind of works, but not quite.

I vaguely remember Cliff saying that the "old" behaviour wasn't correct and therefor fixed. I liked the "parallel distortion" to blend in some sizzle from drive pedals. it still kind of works, but not quite.

It's lame. They should definitely change it. It would be so much more usable.

Cliff: "The models let clean through even with the mix at 100%. It depends on the diodes though as to how much clean is mixed. Our models are based on the most common versions."

Cliff: "The models let clean through even with the mix at 100%. It depends on the diodes though as to how much clean is mixed. Our models are based on the most common versions."

Kind of a separate issue from the sample rate being post mix though.

Well no not really. Basically there should be no effected signal at all if the mix is set to zero. That includes eq, gain, bit rate, sample rate, the whole lot.

What that is saying is different. That is saying at a mix of 100% there is still some clean signal coming through. The opposite of what you are talking about.

Note to Cliff: Please remedy this in the upcoming firmware. It would be much more ideal if the parameters in the drive block made no difference to the tone if the mix is set to 0%. All the other blocks behave like this (as far as I know). It makes little to no sense that the drive block would be some kind of exception.

Resampling incurs a variable latency that is difficult to predict and it is a non-integer latency which is difficult to compensate. If you were to mix after the resampler you would end up with phase problems.

It is feasible to do but the CPU overhead is not worth it IMO.

Resampling incurs a variable latency that is difficult to predict and it is a non-integer latency which is difficult to compensate. If you were to mix after the resampler you would end up with phase problems.

It is feasible to do but the CPU overhead is not worth it IMO.

Maybe it's possible to have the option to have either? I'm not really too concerned with it at this point. I can accept it's the way it is and work around it

Back
Top Bottom