Dream Theater - The Dance of Eternity - Guitar Cover

Finally decided to create a video for 'The Dance of Eternity'. I've only learned about half of it, but thought it would be fun to make a video.

Wicked fun to play! I also want to say how much I love the Axe Fx, it really is a great piece of hardware and software!

The preset is something I actually picked up off of Axe Exchange about a year or two ago. Sounded pretty good to me for replicating JP's sound.

Some more info is in the description of the video.
If you watch the video, thanks for checking it out!

EDIT: I attached the preset to this post. I can't take credit for it though. It's a slightly modified version I found on Axe-Change before (The original is at http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1739 and the slightly modified is attached to this post) So, shout out to 'AdamCook' for a great sounding preset!

However, I did add some compression and a low cut to the recorded guitar in my DAW.

Attachments

• JP Scenes (123 = RhyLdCln).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Dance of Eternity is a wild tune, and you handled it well. What is remarkable also is that the preset sounds dynamite in the full mix, but sounds thin by itself, a testimonial to the fact that isolated guitar tracks have to be EQ'd in context with other instruments.

You've motivated me to relearn this one...yeah I am always weak on the sweep picking so I'd just half-ass it. My goal is to learn this entire album and then play it at Summerfest in Milwaukee one year, with some other DT fanatics.

That's really good playing man. This is one of those songs I learned when I wanted to learn technique but it was never this clean. Good job dude!

Back
Top Bottom