Dream Theater-Take This For The Pain(Documentary)

Ok Dream Theater albums that are a must buy.

1.Awake.
2.Images And Words.
3.Scenes From A Memory.
4.Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence.

First get these and listen to them.

If you're a petrucci you should buy the Liquid Tension Experiment live DVDs.
Thank you! I forgot about the Liquid Tension Experiment - I remember seeing that album when I was looking for Suspended Animation. I will definitely pick that up too.

Hmmm I think he played some really good stuff on the new DT album,personally I enjoyed this jam.

I think this jam was great also. The new album is a lot better than the previous 3 albums. But I dunno if it's the drum sounds they go for or the way Mangini is trying to fill Portnoy's shoes. Would've loved to see him rock the stage with a "normal" drum set. Instead he made sure he has a bigger drumkit than Portnoy did. :D I find the overhead racks extremely cheesy... I mean the cymbals don't have to be up there. :)

He's an amazing player for sure. A lot player than I am at any instrument, no question.

Well going to see dream theater is about as exciting as watching paint dry... so with his drumkit and stuff all over the place at least there is some movement on the stage ;) Same with rush, if it were not for their video show, I would have been bored to tears.

Well going to see dream theater is about as exciting as watching paint dry... so with his drumkit and stuff all over the place at least there is some movement on the stage ;) Same with rush, if it were not for their video show, I would have been bored to tears.

Watching Dream Theater is fun,the excellent musicianship is so much fun to see.

Thank you! I forgot about the Liquid Tension Experiment - I remember seeing that album when I was looking for Suspended Animation. I will definitely pick that up too.

You're welcome man. Yea pick that up you can also buy the recent live DVDs from YTSEjam records,which celebrated 10 years of Liquid Tension Experiment in 2008.

I think this jam was great also. The new album is a lot better than the previous 3 albums. But I dunno if it's the drum sounds they go for or the way Mangini is trying to fill Portnoy's shoes. Would've loved to see him rock the stage with a "normal" drum set. Instead he made sure he has a bigger drumkit than Portnoy did. :D I find the overhead racks extremely cheesy... I mean the cymbals don't have to be up there. :)

He's an amazing player for sure. A lot player than I am at any instrument, no question.

Well I think with the new album Mike Mangini is making his place,although I would like for him to take more charge in the arranging and composition department like Mike Portnoy. At the moment he tends to complement more of Jordan Rudess's and John Petrucci's ideas. You should watch Live At Lunapark,the drum kit is nice to look at. I also like how Mike Mangini sets up his kit like a classical musician.

Don't worry Clark you're a great musician in your own right :D

It was very close between Marco and Mike for me after watching the documentary. Both are amazing drummers.

They both seem to have this infectious joy of playing that I really love to see in musicians.

It was very close between Marco and Mike for me after watching the documentary. Both are amazing drummers.

They both seem to have this infectious joy of playing that I really love to see in musicians.

Marco actually has said that he was never really serious about joining the band,he did the whole audition thing for fun and how the PR team
added his video and jam when he even said that he isn't that serious about it and requested them to not put it in the documentary.

When the band asked him how much he has heard of Dream Theater and how many albums does he have,he replied none.I myself saw a video where Marco
said the 3 songs he played at the audition are the only 3 songs that he knows. Mike Mangini really wanted this gig,thus he got it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom