Doh

It's a nice feature for those times right after an upgrade where you may want to compare how the upgrade affected your presets. I remember when people were complaining about having to re-load previous firmware versions to check this, which is why Cliff added it. It's not like it's that easy to indavertently change it, and it's only one button press to check it.

I'm tempted but some people might complain.

Hypocritical moment here as I didn't want you to remove the thunk, pick attack ect parameters but I would be fine with removing previous modeling versions. In keeping a lot of those tweak-able parameters we can probably reach similar results. Cliff will usually reply to someone and tell them what to change to make new fw work with old presets. Save the memory for more toys and tools. Love the humility though...

Just part of being human, we all make mistakes, glad you shared it with us Cliff, for a minute I thought you were a machine:) Loving 13.07.

I've always thought it would be funny for you to install a low-end technology modeling version hidden in the options just to hear how your patch would have sounded 20 years ago so we can be constantly reminded how far its come.

Please do not remove the users ability to select firmwares.

In the last year or so firmware updates have had tremendous impacts on the unit (IMHO) - and there is nothing worse then doing an update, checking your patches, getting to a gig and realizing, 'oh boy, I have a LOT of tweaking to do.' It's happened to me a lot - enough that I stopped doing firmware updates because I couldn't keep up with re-adjusting patches so often. So to be at a gig and just flip back to the previous version is HUGE for me personally. I actually ended up duplicating my sounds in 2 banks so when I did a firmware update I could make changes to one and then if I got myself into trouble I could revert back to an old firmware and go back to the old bank - all at the gig in the space of a few seconds.

When I finally upgraded to 10.x months ago I tested everything but something was wacky and every time I stepped on a patch it would lock my unit. I didn't have time to fuck with it so I just reverted to 9 and got thru the night. I eventually reset everything I could waited till the next update, installed it and it fixed it. But being able to revert is huge. The Axe is a challenge sometimes because even tho so many of the updates have dramatically enhanced the product and sound, there has been parameters added or moved and with the big change from 9 to 10 it has required me to basically reprogram every patches AMP settings practically from scratch. So I like being able to revert back Firmwares. If I couldn't I'd never gig on a x.0 release ever again. Too scary.

Please do not remove the users ability to select firmwares.

In the last year or so firmware updates have had tremendous impacts on the unit (IMHO) - and there is nothing worse then doing an update, checking your patches, getting to a gig and realizing, 'oh boy, I have a LOT of tweaking to do.' It's happened to me a lot - enough that I stopped doing firmware updates because I couldn't keep up with re-adjusting patches so often. So to be at a gig and just flip back to the previous version is HUGE for me personally. I actually ended up duplicating my sounds in 2 banks so when I did a firmware update I could make changes to one and then if I got myself into trouble I could revert back to an old firmware and go back to the old bank - all at the gig in the space of a few seconds.

When I finally upgraded to 10.x months ago I tested everything but something was wacky and every time I stepped on a patch it would lock my unit. I didn't have time to fuck with it so I just reverted to 9 and got thru the night. I eventually reset everything I could waited till the next update, installed it and it fixed it. But being able to revert is huge. The Axe is a challenge sometimes because even tho so many of the updates have dramatically enhanced the product and sound, there has been parameters added or moved and with the big change from 9 to 10 it has required me to basically reprogram every patches AMP settings practically from scratch. So I like being able to revert back Firmwares. If I couldn't I'd never gig on a x.0 release ever again. Too scary.

By now, most users if not all know the risks of making firmware updates, specially those that gig on a daily basis. People have to learn to adjust to the changing firm wares and make time to properly update their patches, if this is a tedious job then just don't update at all until you have free time.

Its not a big deal ti have that option, still it is something that, just a few use, i guess, but a poll could be useful to learn what the members think, but we should remember that we are just a small percentage posting on this forum of all axe fx owners out there.

Back
Top Bottom