Does anyone use this Mosky single switch? - (dedicated tuner access)

Randy Alanis

Inspired
Amazon product ASIN B07GTJ4KHY
I'm very happy with the FC6 however I was hoping to utilize a single stand in switch (only for the tuner) in a small footprint like this (vs the dual mosky switch so many seem to use)

i tried setting it up with my axe fx 3 to no avail.

it says this single switch is "normally open, momentary" (not sure if it being a "tap switch" eliminates the possibility)

I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to adjust any parameters as far as reverse polarity in the FC setup somewhere or i also read about telling it to "follow the hardware" or something about modifiers setting..lol

& I Also read something about a "Virtual Toggle" & that for a single switch (like in this case) a standard mono cable would be ok.

As you may be able to tell, even after searching the forums...im still lost.
With this single, stand in switch..can i accomplish what im after?
& if so...is there anything I've done right? haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Plug your switch into the Switch 1+2 jack on the FC unit.
In the FC Controllers menu > Remote page, set External Switch 1 Behavior to Follow Hardware.
Set External Switch Polarity to Reverse.
Assign an unused switch in one of your FC layouts to turn on the Tuner (catagory = Utilities, function = Tuner)
In the FC Controllers menu > Stand-In Switches page, select that layout and switch for FC1 SW1

Plug your switch into the Switch 1+2 jack on the FC unit.
In the FC Controllers menu > Remote page, set External Switch 1 Behavior to Follow Hardware.
Set External Switch Polarity to Reverse.
Assign an unused switch in one of your FC layouts to turn on the Tuner (catagory = Utilities, function = Tuner)
In the FC Controllers menu > Stand-In Switches page, select that layout and switch for FC1 SW1
i will deff try this when i get home from work today. (Stereo or Mono cable matter in this instance?)

In one of the videos i was following along yesterday (albeit it was for the FM3) i noticed on the page where you assign the stand in switches
that before the FC options there were maybe 8 options above it that ended in RING / TIP that i did not see on my axe fx 3..but, at this point I'm going off visual memory so ill deff follow up tonight.

Thanks for your response/insight, Mr_Fender.

TS cable (mono) is all that is needed for a single switch but TRS (stereo) will also work. FM3 has slightly different menu options for its external switches compared to the Axe III and FC units. The Axe III's rear panel Pedal jacks are not supported as Stand-In Switches, so only FC units' external switch jacks are listed.

TS cable (mono) is all that is needed for a single switch but TRS (stereo) will also work. FM3 has slightly different menu options for its external switches compared to the Axe III and FC units. The Axe III's rear panel Pedal jacks are not supported as Stand-In Switches, so only FC units' external switch jacks are listed.

so..would this be the reason I can’t get this same setup that ultimately did work with the rack, axefx3 to now work with the FM9 🤷🏻‍♂️ (Assuming the PDL 1 - 3 connections on the FM9 are not supported as stand in switches vs how it was on the FC6 for example)

The 3 Pedal jacks on the FM9 should support stand in switches. It's listed in the FM9 manual. You should be able to select those switches in the Stand In Switch settings.

Make sure you have the Pedal Type set to Switch for that jack in the I/O menu > Pedal page.

Last edited:
The 3 Pedal jacks on the FM9 should support stand in switches. It's listed in the FM9 manual. You should be able to select those switches in the Stand In Switch settings.

Make sure you have the Pedal Type set to Switch for that jack in the I/O menu > Pedal page.
I spent a large part of my day going down from 3-4 cabs to 2 per block..tomorrow I’ll get back to this little switch haha.

thanks for your continued help, mr_fender

I spent a large part of my day going down from 3-4 cabs to 2 per block..tomorrow I’ll get back to this little switch haha.

thanks for your continued help, mr_fender

The FM9 only supports one switch per socket (the FM3 supported two switches per socket), so it might be that your switch is switching the wrong contacts. Try a TS cable instead of a TRS.

Back
Top Bottom