Dodge Challenger

:-(
Poor kid -
Pauly

I like the color. My father had a '69 Charger in a similar green color. Very fast car in it's day. Totally impractical for a family of four so he sold it to a kid down the street who wrapped it around a tree a week later.

Thanks, this reinforces what I wrote the other day about the troops manifestly not in need of charity and handouts and gear donations and all of the other nonsense. That attitude isn’t the troops fault, it’s the society around then taking supporting the troops to a place it never should have gone - painting the people who volunteer to serve with an Oliver Twist brush that’s unnecessary and highlights a complete lack of understanding of military life in general.

It’s easy to sock away a ton of cash for a new car when you’re on multiple deployments or out at sea for 9 months at a time. Plus, getting a car loan is easy. Lenders love lending to military. Their money is practically guaranteed.

There’s a real and constant need for access to emergency relief funds for troops and their family’s dealing with everything from mental health issues to their car breaking down and a universe of expenses in between, especially when kids are involved. It’s hard to take a second job or find additional income when you’re on active duty.

Army vet. Thanks!

It’s easy to sock away a ton of cash for a new car when you’re on multiple deployments or out at sea for 9 months at a time. Plus, getting a car loan is easy. Lenders love lending to military. Their money is practically guaranteed.

There’s a real and constant need for access to emergency relief funds for troops and their family’s dealing with everything from mental health issues to their car breaking down and a universe of expenses in between, especially when kids are involved. It’s hard to take a second job or find additional income when you’re on active duty.

Army vet. Thanks!

Bro there is so much to unpack and unravel it's crazy. I'm addressing the endemic problems in our military population i.e. mental health exaserbated and amplified by rampant alcoholism and abuse, financial stupidity leading to families in crisis because in large part families happenening when they absolutely should not be - I'm talking about the dumb-as-fuck PFC getting married over the weekend after being counseled not to and then making babies with zero financial basis for doing so, thereby creating havoc for unit commanders that are supposed to be organizing, supplying and training effective formations in their specific METLs now having to be distracted by utter nonsense. Easy to sock away money? Yeah and then sign car contracts at 26% interest rates. You know that dude. We all know PFC Schmuckatelli. He knocks up chicks and then gets married to get out of the barracks. He gets a DUI and takes a swing at the cop on Saturday night. He trahses readiness. He's a Blue Falcon. He pops hot on piss tests. He doesn't then deserve a charitably donated second hand effects pedal from the guy in the other thread. Fuck that. He needs to be in the brig at Pendleton breaking big rocks into little ones until we can flick him off like a booger.

We need better screening, not a system that relies on outside charity to keep the boat from flipping over. If that results in a lower end strength, then so be it. We're over-committed as it is. A lot of the problems you mentioned could be solved by a lot of prevention that starts in the recruiter's office down at the strip mall. There's an interesting concept (I'm just riffing here). If recruiters didn't have quotas they'd be able to be more selective. There's a lot of Schmuckatelli's out there that we just don't need.

Lot of rambling there, but I'm just trying to dash this of before I go to work.

Actually I just realized the solution. First termer don't get a paycheck. They get money held in trust until they complete 24 months of service before the see a single thin dime. No money and in the field the entire time. This is a derivation of my father's troop managment plan in Vietnam. IF they're in the field they can't be out in town getting the gonosyphahivaherp or getting rolled in the whorehouse or getting married or getting high or whatever.

The best way to keep an 18 year old warrior from getting in trouble is if there is zero opportunity to get in trouble in the first place.

Last edited:
Thanks, this reinforces what I wrote the other day about the troops manifestly not in need of charity and handouts and gear donations and all of the other nonsense. That attitude isn’t the troops fault, it’s the society around then taking supporting the troops to a place it never should have gone - painting the people who volunteer to serve with an Oliver Twist brush that’s unnecessary and highlights a complete lack of understanding of military life in general.
We don't do it because we think they need handouts or charity. We do it to show our appreciation for their service to our country. I don't look at them as Oliver Twist. I look at them as Superman. I'm sure they are not all Superman, and I'm sure some of them have problems of their own making. We all do. But a personal expression of gratitude (where the word gratuity comes from) is sometimes the best a civilian can do.

Last edited:
We don't do it because we think they need handouts or charity. We do it to show our appreciation for their service to our country. I don't look at them as Oliver Twist. I look at them as Superman. I'm sure they are not all Superman, and I'm sure some of them have problems of their own making. We all do. But a personal expression of gratitude (where the word gratuity comes from) is sometimes the best a civilian can do.
I’m not saying you look at them as Oliver Twist, I’m saying that there are certain types out there that are doing that and/or some within the ranks that are allowing that to perpetuate, or even cultivate it.

I’m going to bow out of this now because I don’t think that I am making what I’m trying to convey clear, and I don’t think I can at this point.

I’m not saying you look at them as Oliver Twist, I’m saying that there are certain types out there that are doing that and/or some within the ranks that are allowing that to perpetuate, or even cultivate it.

I’m going to bow out of this now because I don’t think that I am making what I’m trying to convey clear, and I don’t think I can at this point.
No worries. I have no knowledge of the inner workings or dysfunction of the military. I only know that I appreciate each member's service.

I've been thinking of buying one of those 700HP Hellcats or Jeep TrackHawks before they're outlawed. I'd grandfather it in, and enjoy tearing up the pavement as everyone else drives their tiny 1.8L Euro hatchbacks.

How ironic! I traded my 2012 Black Kia Soul and leased a 2016 Plum Crazy RWD Dodge Challenger SXT Plus. I was going to buy it at the end of the 3 year lease but a couple months before the lease was up it started having issues and you can't upgrade the touch screen stereo because it controls most of the cars functions and the newer Challenger stereos have a lot of better features.

I live in Rochester, NY where we get snow, so I'm planning to buy a Plum Crazy AWD Challenger GT when Dodge brings back Plum Crazy again. Hoping Plum Crazy comes back in 2022 because they usually release that color every 3 years.

Funny story, I got the Challenger as an impulse buy bc I loved the color and had never driven a car like that before and previously had cars that could fit gear in like station wagons, Scion xB and Kia Soul. I was at a friends house and it started to snow and there was maybe 3" on the roads as I went to drive home. I stopped at the first stop light and when it turned green the car wouldn't move. I thought it might have been in neutral or I left the emergency brake on. People behind me started honking their horns. I was able to move my car to the side of the road and let everyone pass. It ended up taking me over 30 minutes to drive 1 mile home. That was my first experience trying to drive a RWD car that also had 20" rims and 245/45R20 summer sport tires and not all weather or snow tires. This is why I'll be getting an AWD Challenger GT next time which has 18" rims and all weather tires. Lesson learned!

Charvel_PRO-MOD_DK24_HH_HT_M_QM_Purple_Phaze.jpg

Back
Top Bottom