Do You Hear a Difference

Do You Hear a Difference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hear the difference in the first clip not the second , I like the first one better ....

Last edited:
I voted "no" because the difference is insignificant. I'm not so sure about comments stating one clip being "better" than the other. They sound about 98% the same to me. Whatever Cliff is doing/discovered in this clip, it is REALLY good!

There's a kind of ethereal aura about the first one - a sort of whispy nasal bouquet that evokes feelings of euphoric transcendentalism, while at the same time producing a subterranean gravitational resonance reminiscent of quantum diode vortex synthetic substitutionary molecular alignment.

If Cliff can fix that, the Axe Fx will be perfect...and sentient.

There's a kind of ethereal aura about the first one - a sort of whispy nasal bouquet that evokes feelings of euphoric transcendentalism, while at the same time producing a subterranean gravitational resonance reminiscent of quantum diode vortex synthetic substitutionary molecular alignment. If Cliff can fix that, the Axe Fx will be perfect...and sentient.

Best..

Post...

Ever!

Ha!

Anyone who's not a guitar player must think we are all idiots, focussing on whether there's a minor audible difference between those clips, preferring one to the other etc.

Nobody in the audience will the difference.
While most of the audience will hear it when the player hits just one wrong note.

Great perspective!! Folks, ask your significant other to listen and watch them stare at you with that deer-in-the-headlights look because they can't hear any difference... Made me laugh out loud and reminded me of this quote which also makes me laugh:

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

This thread reminds me of that surrealist joke...

Q) Why did the duck?
A) Because one of its legs was both the same.

Or the famous Hee Haw joke!
(Q) What's the difference in a duck?
(A) nothing, a duck's just alike!!

Let's continue to challenge, give feedback and comment for the continued advancement and improvement of this awesome product. Recognizing of course that Fractal has only so many resources and time in the day to work on things....

I wonder if the two clips are both from the Axe? Or Axe then Amp? Or Amp then Axe? For those that can definitely hear a difference this would be an interesting kick in the pants. :)

sheep-conspiracy5.jpg

I'm staying out of this. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 2 clips are all Axe-Fx and are in fact the same exact part repeated twice in a row on both clips, thus letting Cliff dismiss anyone who said "Yes" as being victims of the placebo effect and completely full of sh-t. :lol

This was almost exactly what I posted earlier. Great minds think alike. :)

Although I'll take Cliff at his word that these were two different units as he revealed the order in an earlier post.

Still, it's what I would have done. :)

What bothers me most are the tactile differences between the Axe Fx and real amps. The knobs on the unit are easier to rotate than the real thing. They stay that way for every amp selected. They neither vary in their rotational resistance nor do they vary in position. They're always in the same spot no matter the selection. This is not real world and until this is fixed, I will always be able to tell the difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom