Do we have concrete details about this box?

I have it on good authority it is black. Silver buttons, white lettering, and a green screen are wildly rumored. Anything else is unabashed conjecturing. :confused:

Rick, you did not mention the holes in the back, there are holes in the back, I am sure of it.

Rick, you did not mention the holes in the back, there are holes in the back, I am sure of it.
I saw what looked like holes, but they were dark inside. I didn't want to be duped by the "fake hole" trick, with the real hole upgrade being available "soon." I do admit, though, in pictures I have seen, they look amazingly similar to real holes. Perhaps modeled holes, but I accept your insight and grant there are likely holes in the back. Probably. At least it does appear to be.

I saw what looked like holes, but they were dark inside. I didn't want to be duped by the "fake hole" trick, with the real hole upgrade being available "soon." I do admit, though, in pictures I have seen, they look amazingly similar to real holes. Perhaps modeled holes, but I accept your insight and grant there are likely holes in the back. Probably. At least it does appear to be.

You got me. I must admit my statement was an assumption (conjecture) based on the pic and youtube episodes where I saw cables coming out the assumed holes. But I also have been informed - by various and sundry pundits - that videos can be "heavily edited" and made to show an alternate reality. I have never actually handled the AX8 and the assumed hole may very well an illusion or a new kind of vaporware. The good news is that "soon" we can all know with apodictic certitude.

Assuming the lists of FX on the Wiki page is correct (and I have no idea if they are), here is a list of the FX that are in the AXE II but not in the AX8:
  1. Tone Match
  2. Mixer [though "Output mixer (per preset)" is listed for the AX8]
  3. Crossover
  4. Megatap Delay
  5. Vocoder
  6. Resonator
  7. Quad Chorus
  8. Multi Compressor

I am assuming the Mixer block will be included since the AX8 has the 4x12 grid. But you know what they say about assumptions...

The Wiki list was added by Yek on Nov 25. I don't consider it official but it's probably fairly accurate. If so, I'm bummed about the single reverb instance per preset. Not surprised, but bummed.

I bet that it has the Megatap Delay. The FX8 certainly does. The rest jive with the FX8 missing items.

The Wiki list was added by Yek on Nov 25. I don't consider it official but it's probably fairly accurate. If so, I'm bummed about the single reverb instance per preset. Not surprised, but bummed.

I think some people anxious to move from the rack to the AX8 will be disappointed by these limitations in the AX8. There's just no way around it when the code is the same for both units but the capabilities of the DSPs are different. People may need to rethink how the set up their presets.

I think some people anxious to move from the rack to the AX8 will be disappointed by these limitations in the AX8. There's just no way around it when the code is the same for both units but the capabilities of the DSPs are different. People may need to rethink how the set up their presets.

People may need to add a few external pedals. Eventide space covers the corners really well.

People may need to add a few external pedals. Eventide space covers the corners really well.

Maybe. I set up an all around virtual pedalboard for my FX8 that would cover most cover songs other than ones with specialty effect settings (U2 etc...). But no reverb. Not enough blocks or dsp. So if I needed reverb, Id add an outboard TC pedal.

The other way to make it work is to use more presets. Workable for many but Id really prefer a different UI if I was going to use a lot of presets.

Maybe. I set up an all around virtual pedalboard for my FX8 that would cover most cover songs other than ones with specialty effect settings (U2 etc...). But no reverb. Not enough blocks or dsp. So if I needed reverb, Id add an outboard TC pedal.

The other way to make it work is to use more presets. Workable for many but Id really prefer a different UI if I was going to use a lot of presets.

Rumor has it a CPU usage improvement is coming next firmware, so that may help your cause a bit!

That's a shame at not being able to use the reverb.

I've really not heard a higher quality algorithmic reverb than the XL+ except for maybe the Bricasti.

Back
Top Bottom