Do we have concrete details about this box?

Laskyman

Inspired
Does anyone have a spec sheet on this bad boy? I haven't been around in a while, and all of a sudden I see a quick video of this thing-
Looks right up my alley even though Ive been playing with the II and an MFC for a couple years....
If anyone can point to some details- I don't need dual amps or cabs- I just need to know that the effects section is pretty divers- (need crystals in pitch, dual delays, a couple different chorus options, comps and wahs)...
If this has been answered before, I apologize for being a noob to this unit-

Best-
Edward

they already said it's basically the same as the FX8. People have said it has Synth. This is likely in the next FX8 firmware as well, as they share the same code base, so go with the FX8 list, and it will be mostly correct. Tack on amp and cab blocks, and synth block and you have a close enough answer for now.

they already said it's basically the same as the FX8. People have said it has Synth. This is likely in the next FX8 firmware as well, as they share the same code base, so go with the FX8 list, and it will be mostly correct. Tack on amp and cab blocks, and synth block and you have a close enough answer for now.
It is clearly not the same as the fx8. Fx8 has a. Bunch more options for 2 blocks. Also fx8 has a mega delay and ax8 doesn't. Wiki usually quotes the source it used for info but there is no details of here that info came from

We know more later, I'm sure. I suspect some of the esoteric effects/blocks are not included due to DSP performance limitations...

It is clearly not the same as the fx8. Fx8 has a. Bunch more options for 2 blocks. Also fx8 has a mega delay and ax8 doesn't. Wiki usually quotes the source it used for info but there is no details of here that info came from

The AX8 has the multi delay. Mark Day shows the block in his latest AX8 video.
-
Austin

I don't think they've said that. I would expect them to be the same, however. Beta tester artists (or artist) said his had the synth block. Doesn't mean that it will be in the final. If it causes problems, they could drop it. It's not currently in the FX8. Nothing is final until it's final.

No, we don't have concrete details yet. Just hints and scattered comments in various threads, and lots of speculation and assumptions from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Soon?

I don't think they've said that. I would expect them to be the same, however. Beta tester artists (or artist) said his had the synth block. Doesn't mean that it will be in the final. If it causes problems, they could drop it. It's not currently in the FX8. Nothing is final until it's final.
He keeps referring to the "same code" cliff said Ax8 will prob get synth block. He never said Fx8 would get it. He clearly left it off there when he first released it. If the list on wiki is official (which is unclear) the Ax and Fx are clearly are not identical though similar

He keeps referring to the "same code" cliff said Ax8 will prob get synth block. He never said Fx8 would get it. He clearly left it off there when he first released it. If the list on wiki is official (which is unclear) the Ax and Fx are clearly are not identical though similar
No, but i believe the effect CPU is the same between the fx8 and the ax8. That should pretty much guarantee that if it is working on an ax8, it will work on the fx8. Just a guess, but since comments were made about sharing a code base, and generating fx8 firmware off the ax8 code, my guess is that they were able to get it working, but again, total guess, but partially educated i think? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be almost the exact same effects section.

A firmware update is due for the FX8, which should merge in changes in the current Ax8 firmware. so, theoretically, they will make it the same as the ax8, and the supported fx from the axe fx 2 line (with the known exceptions)

You are right about that. I'm just guessing. Anything could happen, however... we'll see when the update drops.

Does anyone have a spec sheet on this bad boy? I haven't been around in a while, and all of a sudden I see a quick video of this thing-
Looks right up my alley even though Ive been playing with the II and an MFC for a couple years....
If anyone can point to some details- I don't need dual amps or cabs- I just need to know that the effects section is pretty divers- (need crystals in pitch, dual delays, a couple different chorus options, comps and wahs)...
If this has been answered before, I apologize for being a noob to this unit-

Best-
Edward

No we dont have an exact list of FX at this point (it's only been 10 months since it was announced)... I am sure we will know any day now;)

Back
Top Bottom