Do this...

ok, here's my take on the jcm800. i'm using a medium output humbucker in the bridge and i'm set to stereo input, so you may need to lower the gain a bit if you're set to left only or LR sum....

scene 1 - riddim
scene 2 - the leads

a couple of extras in there to turn on and off to taste as well

interestingly, the mv defaults to 4 on this model, but i think that's way too low. i reckon 7 is more like it. it starts to misbehave at 8.

Attachments

• Sim's Brit 800.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 105
You definitely need a nice Les Paul to help you complete this quest Simeon...
wink.gif

Had good luck with your Marshall suggestions in the past Simeon so I'm all over these.. the plexi 100 suggestions look very similar to one of my main plexi presets.. curious how your settings will compare.
Thanks...

i tried my 800 preset again today with fresh ears and found it a little too saturated and middly. i watched some vids of Europe on youtube and ended up changing the valves to KT88, removing the drive block and adjusting the gain somewhat. i also changed the cabs to two flavours of V30. it's a tough one to dial in (especially at bedroom volume). i prefer the brit pre, to be honest...

and as far as moving the the MV to post-pi in the plexi....be careful with the gain level...it can get saturated really fast. i had drive on 6.5 and i think that's too much...

...if you love vintage plexi tones...

amp - plexi 100 high
bass, mid, treb = 10
pres = 5
mv = 10
drive - 6.5
dynamic pres = 0.55
mv location = post pi (in the power tab of the amp block)

put a fet boost in front of the amp
drive = 5
tone = 5
mix = 100
level = 7-10
low cut = 140hz
high cut = 3753hz

if you have the ownhammers, put two cab blocks in parallel
cab 1 - G12-65 heritage
cab 2 = G12M-20
median or live modern mixes

dash with liberal amounts of reverb

you can thank me later :)
If this doesn't get posted to the exchange it will be lost in the ether in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom