Axe-Master
...if you love vintage plexi tones...

amp - plexi 100 high
bass, mid, treb = 10
pres = 5
mv = 10
drive - 6.5
dynamic pres = 0.55
mv location = post pi (in the power tab of the amp block)

put a fet boost in front of the amp
drive = 5
tone = 5
mix = 100
level = 7-10
low cut = 140hz
high cut = 3753hz

if you have the ownhammers, put two cab blocks in parallel
cab 1 - G12-65 heritage
cab 2 = G12M-20
median or live modern mixes

dash with liberal amounts of reverb

you can thank me later :)

Does the MV location make a difference if you have the thing dimed?

My plexi patch is very similar to this except I run the bass at around 6.5, use the full od at 2.5 gain, 7.5 vol, and I use a single TAF_MarsBW_MIX_ROOM cab.

Oh and I've added some shelving 2 EQ special sauce with small boosts to bass and treble to the mix recently.

it seems to. definitely a different sound. try it!

it feels a bit more raw and explosive...if you know what i mean. very dynamic.

it seems to. definitely a different sound. try it!

it feels a bit more raw and explosive...if you know what i mean. very dynamic.

I did try it actually. It seems to be similar (but different) to hitting the Sat switch. I guess it changes the power amp distortion characteristics in some way. My problem is most of the amps sound so good at the default settings that I get all caught up in playing instead of modding them hehe.

Thanks Simeon, this rocks ! which OH pack are the G12M 20 and G1265 Heritage in ? I have them all but not finding these ? Tried the stock FAS UR TV#2 and #3 from the Marshall Jubilee 2x12 Fro posted and shared , Sounds Great here !

I did try it actually. It seems to be similar (but different) to hitting the Sat switch. I guess it changes the power amp distortion characteristics in some way. My problem is most of the amps sound so good at the default settings that I get all caught up in playing instead of modding them hehe.

I looked for the post Cliff made about that a while back but couldn't find it. In laymen's terms (because I don't know the scientific terms) it puts the MV after the Phase Inverter and allows the Phase Inverter to clip more/sooner(?) which adds a desirable distortion. One of my go to settings.

It was nice trying all of the cabs suggested in the new AE browser. Went through them in record time. :)

Thanks Simeon, this rocks ! which OH pack are the G12M 20 and G1265 Heritage in ? I have them all but not finding these ? Tried the stock FAS UR TV#2 and #3 from the Marshall Jubilee 2x12 Fro posted and shared , Sounds Great here !

The Modern Collection. I'm assuming it's a typo and he meant either the G12-65 or most likely the Heritage G12H.

G65-RI Based on a Celestion G12-65.
H-RI-55 Based on a Celestion "Heritage" G12H with 55 Hz cone.
M-RI-75 Based on a Celestion "Heritage" G12M-20 with 75 Hz cone.

...if you love vintage plexi tones...

amp - plexi 100 high
bass, mid, treb = 10
pres = 5
mv = 10
drive - 6.5
dynamic pres = 0.55
mv location = post pi (in the power tab of the amp block)

put a fet boost in front of the amp
drive = 5
tone = 5
mix = 100
level = 7-10
low cut = 140hz
high cut = 3753hz

if you have the ownhammers, put two cab blocks in parallel
cab 1 - G12-65 heritage
cab 2 = G12M-20
median or live modern mixes

dash with liberal amounts of reverb

you can thank me later :)

Indeed a great tone. The magic is in the MV location and the FET.

Dialed this up last night. It sounds damn'd close to the one I dialed in myself, but this one cuts better (I assume because of the FET...)

Thanks Simeon!

Now will you turn your baleful gaze upon the JCM800?

R

i was messing about with it only the other night! i got a fairly decent tone, but not quite what i was looking for at the time. i'll have another look later and post a patch if i get something decent

Back
Top Bottom