Disappointed in the user interface

Give me a break.
Definitely agree with you. I don't really have a horse in the race as the FX-8 isn't my bag, but seeing reactions from both sides is pretty interesting. On one hand, people are bagging on OP because of his loaded wording and 'criticism' saying he has never even used it so he has no need to complain. Yet, others are like 'it's the best thing out there!' without ever playing it either? Being invested and championing your preferred product is one thing...

Definitely agree with you. I don't really have a horse in the race as the FX-8 isn't my bag, but seeing reactions from both sides is pretty interesting. On one hand, people are bagging on OP because of his loaded wording and 'criticism' saying he has never even used it so he has no need to complain. Yet, others are like 'it's the best thing out there!' without ever playing it either? Being invested and championing your preferred product is one thing...

Well, to be fair, I think that there's confusion over where people are talking about the FX8 and where people are referring to the Axe FX. But your point stands.

Yep, that's right, I don't like the fact that people are acting like assholes to others so I should just find the door.

Give me a break. By all means, point to some of those baseless assumptions and hypocrisies. I'd love to hear this.

Yep, that's right, I don't like the fact that people are acting like assholes to others so I should just find the door.

Give me a break. By all means, point to some of those baseless assumptions and hypocrisies. I'd love to hear this.

Your baseless assumption: "In other words... "Shut your trap." Chris never said those words. You assumed that is what he meant and put them in his mouth. Fairly simple no?

Your Hypocrisy: Calling people out for how they respond to the OP. So their opinions don't count? Often it's how you word your responses that create a reaction. If the OP had said he wishes FAS would upgrade the interface or even said something along the lines that he just doesn't like it for his needs then all good. But when you start the bashing and calling it 80's technology etc. it's going garner responses across the board and most will be negative since we are on a FAS forum. If you cannot understand that, and apparently you cannot because this isn't your first rodeo on the topic, then nothing I say is going to make it any clearer to you.

So gimme me a break too. You keep policing the forum and I'll keep pointing out that you are condemning others for EXACTLY the same thing you are doing.

Take care....

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Well, to be fair, I think that there's confusion over where people are talking about the FX8 and where people are referring to the Axe FX. But your point stands.

Very true. Forum communication can facilitate misinterpretations :D

Honestly, I am currently finding myself more concerned with this ongoing problem on this forum than I am with the original topic at this point.

None of your posts in this thread (really, not one) is relevant to the topic of the thread. You pass moral judgement on forum visitors and persist doing so. Why? Please start your own thread in the Lounge to vent your frustration.

None of your posts in this thread (really, not one) is relevant to the topic of the thread. You pass moral judgement on forum visitors and persist doing so. Why? Please start your own thread in the Lounge to vent your frustration.

woah woah woah, that makes way too much sense man...

It's easy to criticize a UI but being a UI designer myself I can tell that there is no way to create an easy UI for the amount of functions that are in this box especially when there are so many different types of users.

Some want the UI more simple and some want it more detailed. If we compromise no one gets what they want.

Given the complexity of navigation required, I think the current UI is very good - I can navigate it quickly and easily. The only improvements I'd want personally are increased resolution and colour for better visibility, but, these are "nice to have" items really.

I wonder how much a UI designer costs and how much the price of already expensive gear would increase.

I fly a version of the Predator for a living (MQ-1C) and there's nothing in that world approaching the level of UI slickness displayed in the AXE-FX II, FX-8, Axe-Edit and whatever the Axe-Edit for FX-8 is called. BTW we're pouring BILLIONS into that. True story. You have no idea how good you have it.

The UI design is quite good in my opinion. I do wish we had a little better control over numerical input. It can get a bit frustrating when trying to dial in an exact value for parameters. For example, when trying to dial in something like 4.5 the value will sometimes jump from 4.48 to 4.51 or something like that. In other words, values with two decimal places don't always give you the ability to adjust by 0.01 at a time. They are often 0.03 at a time or something like that. Axe Edit sometimes make it easier since you can double click a value and type in the exact number, but not all parameters support direct entry in AE. It's usually close enough for rock n' roll, but my semi-OCD kicks in just enough to irritate me.

Maybe hold down one of the buttons and the value wheel goes from coarse to fine. Hmmmmmm M@?

This is how a lot of design applications (illustrator/photoshop/others) treat "Hot Text" Shift/ctrl/alt+click scroll provides different levels of granularity

Back
Top Bottom