Direct Bank Select?

Hey @steadystate, Would something like this work for you?

Once you get used to it, it gives you access to every bank in a '5 presets per bank' setup.
FM9 Bank Select Layout.png

So then assign 10 footswitches to select 10 different banks?
Using the default Bank Size of 5 results in a total of 103 banks. Min size of 1 results in 512 banks.

Creating a couple of layouts to access banks 10 increments apart could work. I would only have to scroll through five at a time max.

I was wrestling with swapping the Tap and Hold functions. Or maybe using two Layouts with all Tap functions for more speed.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I am new to the FC switch paradigm, and needed a couple of days to wrap my head around it. Not surprising, since the Gordius took a lot longer than that. I think the FM9 will work for me once I get used to it. I've had 10-key for so long, I just need some time to divorce myself from it.

Cheat sheet. Been doing it with my current controller for decades. Working in several bands with chaotic schedules who never play the same setlist twice makes the setlist feature too cumbersome.
Got it. I thought you had some kind of photographic memory... Yeah the Song/Setlist feature for me sounded promising when I got my FM9 but since you can't assign a different Tempo BPM for each song that references the base template, not sure the actual practicality of it.

I can't believe that you're finally making the switch to the Gen 3 stuff for live use. I figured that you would be using an Axe-Fx III (Turbo?) with an FC-12. Is only having one Pitch block available at a time going to be an issue for you?

I can't believe that you're finally making the switch to the Gen 3 stuff for live use. I figured that you would be using an Axe-Fx III (Turbo?) with an FC-12. Is only having one Pitch block available at a time going to be an issue for you?
I have the III in my studio. I've been using the II with the Gordius LG2 live since forever. I need to get rid of my rack and move to a smaller, flyable format. And once you get used to the III, the II is hard to go back to.

Having only one pitch block was the only potential red flag, but the fact that the FM9 pitch block has four channels instead of two makes up for it. I won't need more than two voices at a time, so it equals out. The main constraint of the pitch block for me is the never-increasing limit of 32 global custom scales. This number hasn't increased since the Ultra.

I know there are differences from the III in the Amp modelling as well, but it is my understanding that none of the differences apply to authentic amp characteristics.

Last edited:
I have my bank size set to 5 and the 2 right-most switches set to Bank+ and Bank-, Hold function is Bank+5 and Bank-5. Maybe not as fast as a direct hit but pretty darn quick.

Using the default Bank Size of 5 results in a total of 103 banks. Min size of 1 results in 512 banks.

Creating a couple of layouts to access banks 10 increments apart could work. I would only have to scroll through five at a time max.

Ah - understand now. I had the same problem to solve - I just have bank up and bank down buttons set to a reasonable amount (say 10) so I can get around quickly. All of my frequently used presets are within the first 150, so if I want to go from 0 (where my cover band presets start) to 50 (where my clusterfolk band presets start) I just hit bank up 5 times very quickly and I’m there within a few seconds. And then 5 more taps to get to 100 where another set of presets start. And at any time I can use the hold function of the ‘+10’ bank button and it goes back to 0.

If I were actively using 500 presets I’d probably have +/-100 bank and +/-10 bank buttons, which could get around similarly quickly (it requires a few more buttons, which isn’t a big deal given how many layouts and views are available).

Back
Top Bottom