Wish Dimebag Darrell Rig

wait a second...

Sorry, ShatteredSquare, but I don't think that's really a great approximation. The Metal Zone just sounds super fizzly and this is lacking in a lot of the dynamics Dimebag used.

I approached this problem a bit differently. I hooked my Axe III up via USB and used a Youtube isolated guitar track to ToneMatch:

My starting amp was the FAS MODERN II. To take it a step further, I think I ran the tonematch twice to get ever so slightly different characteristics (maybe use 2 different parts of the track?). Then, I converted them over to cabs and panned each 100% left and right. A little reverb and delay for soloing and you're done. Plus, it's matched to your guitar's pickups. Can't beat that.

500px-Bait.jpg

Just a proof of concept with the tonematch block + enhance to give the body.

Back on topic, the request. Really, the only thing we're not sure of that can't VERY accurately be emulated in the AxeFX III is the Randall amp. There's an amp request topic where multiple people have requested that. I'm not yet convinced that the tone it pushes can't accurately be created using existing amp implementations. Even knowing the main topology of the Randall amp or the history of the design would push us in the right direction very quickly. To my mind, amp requests should be prioritized based on what can't really be done in the device currently. I don't know if emulating Dimebag's rig is enough to justify that. I say this as a fan of how quickly Cliff is cranking out amazing new updates.

Here is my best Dime patch. It's closer than others I've heard but Cliff, we NEED the Randall century 200 and rg100-es. PLEASE

Scene 1 clean
Scene 2 dirty
Scene 3 lead
scene 4 dirty+clean with volume pedal to fade out the dirty. (Think "This Love" after the chorus going into verse, that is how Grady Champion managed that part live)

Attachments

• U1-0041_VDOP L.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 24
  • U1-0042_VDOP R.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Vulgar Dime.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 23
Here is my best Dime patch. It's closer than others I've heard but Cliff, we NEED the Randall century 200 and rg100-es. PLEASE

Scene 1 clean
Scene 2 dirty
Scene 3 lead
scene 4 dirty+clean with volume pedal to fade out the dirty. (Think "This Love" after the chorus going into verse, that is how Grady Champion managed that part live)
Awesome....will check them out asap!

I forgot to add that the 1st pitch block is whammy of course and the 2nd pitch block is the harmony for “hollow”

Sounds good man! A lot going on...lol. I think our cabs sound pretty much identical.
I made a simple preset using your left cab.

This sounds the closest to my 87 Randall Rg100es......yes missing a L20181013_185818.jpg

Attachments

• CFH.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
I've been working on a preset just trying to fine-tune it. I've been trying to do it without tone matching just to see how close I can get. I was going to try and shoot an IR of my Randall JB cab with Jaguar speakers to see if that gets me closer but I'm not entirely sure how to do it.

But I'll share the preset whenever I get done with it. It sounds better than most I've heard at least on my setup. I have all of the real-world gear except the elusive Furman PQ-4 ( I have the PQ-3) and am using the real Flanger/Doubler in the loop, but not sure how to replicate it in the preset though.

Back
Top Bottom