Digitech the drop. How do they do?

I still play through my tube amps quite a bit, and this would be perfect for downtuned stuff.

I've been saying this forever.... the Drop and Whammy DT are just so much better and cleaner than the tricks on the pitch block...

Those who have this pedal and use it, did you try it on ultra clean preset?
For example C drop or B drop, I noticed there is a big deference when playing ultra clean to crunch / heavy distortion, it seems that when playing clean, it (Axe) has a problem to track it good.
With distortion it sounds ok but it's not so good when you play clean.

Those who have this pedal and use it, did you try it on ultra clean preset?
For example C drop or B drop, I noticed there is a big deference when playing ultra clean to crunch / heavy distortion, it seems that when playing clean, it (Axe) has a problem to track it good.
With distortion it sounds ok but it's not so good when you play clean.

I have a standard tuned guitar I bring down to B and play clean with. Much better sounding then using the pitch block. Much less latency.

Dunno, every pitch shifter I've ever tried had strictly novelty value. Usually the processing delay and mud kill it for anything other than stuff that relies on wild pitch shifts (a-la Vai).

Not a massive fan. The clean pure tones are good, but there's something lacking in the initial transient. It's more evident in the octave with distortion that the initial pick attack is also shifted (which is most probably unavoidable) making the guitar sound like a distorted bass. Any pitch shifter that could isolate the initial transient and the fundamental would be awesome but I'm sure the processing power needed to do so without a huge amount of latency would be prohibitive.

It's strictly novelty for me. Any serious downtuned work I would just downtune.

I own the Whammy v and with the similar downtuned modes it sounds pretty good but the latency could be better.
Maybe this pedal is a bit different? It's more expensive than the Whammy wich has way more functions so maybe this one does the tracking a bit better.
Has anyone compared it to the latest whammy's?

I perceived a noticeable lag using the Axe FX pitch block to detune. Not so using the Drop.

Yes, the Axe has a pretty noticeable lag. It's does not seem a consistent lag. It's seems dynamic and shifts the whole time so it's not even a matter of playing ahead of the beat to combat it.

Back
Top Bottom