Digitech the drop. How do they do?

i'd be interested to hear it with something more technical. it sounds great and seems to track really well, but haven't really heard it with anything too challenging. it already tracks better than anything else i've heard, though. no warble whatsoever.

I have one. It's a fantastic pedal. Much better than the Morpheus Droptune that came out a few years ago.

I perceived a noticeable lag using the Axe FX pitch block to detune. Not so using the Drop.

I noticed that too (especially when using it with bass). I really hope FAS can sort that out. I dislike that I have to keep piling on pedals in front of the Axe...

I used the whammy DT which this is just the drop part of that pedal and u can say I thought it was good. You know there is a latency but it's nothing it doesn't put you off even when your playing fast passages.

just being able to use it for baritone type stuff with a regular 6 would be a blast, whether or not you even play heavy stuff. not to mention tunes that are a half step or so down.

They have cracked the polyphonic pitch detection. EHX and Digitech both are bringing out products that are exploiting polyphonic capability. I'm surprised that FAS haven't done this yet cause I have no doubt that it is within their reach. So many awesome application for this.

Also Formant Shifting would be great to go with this.

Last edited:
I agree that I would like to see the drop tuning ability improved!

The pitch is one of the weaker effects in the Axe, IMO. I mean, it is great compared to most units, but I also think there is room for improvement.

Back
Top Bottom