Did the new / replaced IR's not stick in Ultra 7.06 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

browlett

Experienced
Removed “4x12 V30” IR and replaced with Marshall V30 IR.

Removed “4x12 Recto2” IR and replaced with new Oversize Mesa IR.

Possible issue:

I just upgraded to Firmware 7.06, but the names are still there for the old (supposedly removed) IR's / cabinets. In other words, I still find “4x12 V30” and “4x12 Recto2”. I also do not see anything in the cabinet menu called "Marshall V30" or "Oversize Mesa". Huh??? I don't remember what the old cabinets sounded like, so I can't tell if they're new with the same old names, or if it just didn't transfer for me. Can anyone else confirm or explain?

GreatGreen said:
Do they sound objectively better than the previous IR's or what? I really liked the V30 cab. :(

Objectively better :?:

Subjectively, I like them better.

There's no reason to rename the preset title is there? The preset title isn't the problem.
The only reason for the update was to remove the actual IR file from the Axe-Fx, as the person who made the IR didn't want it on there.
I really liked that the sound of that previous "V30" one, but turns out it isn't actually very good technically. You can see on another thread here it's not a proper IR of a Framus cab as the maker claims - it's just a digital "guess", or fabrication.
I no longer like it :lol:

lol, what happened to what could be this site's slogan, the everoccurring "use your ears" and "if it sounds good that's all that matters"? =))))

just kidding, I know you were..

javajunkie said:
danielodland said:
That one was changed for legal reasons wasnt it?

Legal, no

Ethical, yes.

Oh ok. I just read somewhere that the IR was made by some guy who never concented with using the IR in the AFX. Thought that was illegal, it is in some countries AFAIK. Then again, I guess Cliff doesn't just slap the firmwares together =)

danielodland said:
javajunkie said:
danielodland said:
That one was changed for legal reasons wasnt it?

Legal, no

Ethical, yes.

Oh ok. I just read somewhere that the IR was made by some guy who never concented with using the IR in the AFX. Thought that was illegal, it is in some countries AFAIK. Then again, I guess Cliff doesn't just slap the firmwares together =)

Since he didn't threaten legal action (nor did it sound like he had an intent to), the legality of the matter never an issue. He just asked that it be removed, Cliff did just that.

I say that because Cliff was not forced to do that or face legal action, but he did it because it was the right thing to do. Apparently he tried to work with the guy as well, but the other party was not interested.

Oh ok. Well, haven't really tried the replacement IR yet, but if it's not as nice as the one that was removed, I guess it's out there somewhere for downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom