DFW AxeFx Get together UPDATE !!

s0c9

Guys,
the DFW Axe-Fx get together is happening in OakCliff on Sunday Jan 29th.
Start time is 2pm - to allow for church players to get there.
Please be prompt so we can maximize the event time.

NOTE: PM me for the address. The host does not wish it to be made public as it is NOT a public location.

thanks,
Steve O.

Just curious--how big is this place you guys are going to meet at?

I'm down in Austin and I am considering making the trek up, but I don't want to crowd the party if space is limited.

Just curious--how big is this place you guys are going to meet at?

I'm down in Austin and I am considering making the trek up, but I don't want to crowd the party if space is limited.

6hrs round trip drive for several hours of jamming? Dedicated.

The square footage is 1450 or 1500. I get a nine piece band in the main room fine with huge keyboards and 4 vocalist. Second room is not a big as the main, but big enough for a 4 piece rock/metal band. couch room is about the same (can move the couches). Front room is about the same as the couch room. Second front room is kinda full of chairs and tables atm. Im thinking we will have plenty of room. Parking is in the back. And we have access to a parking lot just north of the building.
As far as I know, everything is going to work out fine.

What is everyone hoping to accomplish?

I'm not sure about ya'll, but I'd love help in dialing in some good sounds. I'm eartarded & shy about playing because I don't know a lot of other music. I might bring my bassist with me as he's using my Ultra.

I'm good at figuring out tricky MIDI programming & what not.

What is everyone hoping to accomplish?

I'm not sure about ya'll, but I'd love help in dialing in some good sounds. I'm eartarded & shy about playing because I don't know a lot of other music. I might bring my bassist with me as he's using my Ultra.

I'm good at figuring out tricky MIDI programming & what not.
I just want to meet and hear other axe-fx users. Im going/hosting because I think its a great idea, and getting to hear multiple setups in the same setting is going to be very nice. Cant wait. :)

Don't forget pictures and video please! Nice for the rest of us. :)

I'll be there. I can bring my Ultra and my 2 Atomic cabs. I sheepishly admit that I after a year and a half of ownership I still rely on some of the stock presets more than I'd like to. Tweakage would be awesome.

Oh, how long do we anticipate this lasting? I have a lesson in Keller at 8pm. If I need to reschedule with my teacher I need to let him know asap.

Last edited:
Dang it!!
Wish I could make it to meet some of you guys and get some help with some MIDI stuff but I had back surgery 6 weeks ago and can't ride in a car for more than 30 min. At a time........oh well you guys have fun!!!

Dang it!!
Wish I could make it to meet some of you guys and get some help with some MIDI stuff but I had back surgery 6 weeks ago and can't ride in a car for more than 30 min. At a time........oh well you guys have fun!!!
Bummer.. sorry to hear that. Hope you have a full recovery.
2 days and counting ...

Dang it!!
PM me and maybe we can get together on a future date and get your midi issues fixed.

ALSO: BUMP.

Wow. Undisclosed location! Careful guys, I've seen this on tv. They gather up all the people so they can hunt the greatest game of all - MAN!

One minute you are hauling your Axe-fx out for some fun, the next you wake up in the middle of the field being chased by a bunch of Texans with big guns and a taste for man flesh.

True story :)

I'll be there. I can bring my Ultra and my 2 Atomic cabs. I sheepishly admit that I after a year and a half of ownership I still rely on some of the stock presets more than I'd like to. Tweakage would be awesome.

Oh, how long do we anticipate this lasting? I have a lesson in Keller at 8pm. If I need to reschedule with my teacher I need to let him know asap.
2-6 is about the ideal time, but depending on the ppl there and the amount of fun we are having, it could go later. you should be able to make it to Keller by 8 if you leave @ 6 or so.

Wow. Undisclosed location! Careful guys, I've seen this on tv. They gather up all the people so they can hunt the greatest game of all - MAN!

One minute you are hauling your Axe-fx out for some fun, the next you wake up in the middle of the field being chased by a bunch of Texans with big guns and a taste for man flesh.

True story :)

Hence my name. hahaha...

Also, its not undisclosed, just not openly public. PM me or s0c9 for location details.

Back
Top Bottom