Devin Townsend is getting an Axe FX

This is excellent news. I love SYL and Dev's solo works. He really encompasses the extremes of heaviness and fragility. Or should I say "Hell yeah he f-in' sucks!"

Lopp,
The SYL cover of Exciter is godly, including the Unleashed in the East intro and Runnin' Wild tag. Ripping and hilarious at the same time!

Big fan of Devin here, specially of his solo projects, my favorite albums being Biomech, Infinity and Terria. Do yourself a favour and watch the Safe Zone DVD, it comes with the limited edition of the Synchestra album. Devin also rules on the "Working Man" Rush tribute album

Love his Biomech Ocean Machine stuff. Not that big of a fan of SYL or his other stuff. Vai's S&R was also my introduction to him and really tainted my opinion of him, as that's my least fave Vai ever. That being said, his production skills are top notch as evidenced by my favorite Soilwork cd, "Natural Born Chaos". AWESOME! Welcome to the fold, Devin.

Regards,
Jeff

SliderJeff said:
Love his Biomech Ocean Machine stuff. Not that big of a fan of SYL or his other stuff. Vai's S&R was also my introduction to him and really tainted my opinion of him, as that's my least fave Vai ever. That being said, his production skills are top notch as evidenced by my favorite Soilwork cd, "Natural Born Chaos". AWESOME! Welcome to the fold, Devin.

Regards,
Jeff
Not following names, cool to hear who he is by reputation -- I liked the Ocean Machine stuff when I was getting into prog years ago and definitely love NBC and I'm sure a lot of that is because of that album's production.

Back
Top Bottom