Devin Townsend is getting an Axe FX

shredi knight

Power User
Well he is a genius, so I'm not surprised: :D

http://www.hevydevyforums.com/forums/vi ... =49&t=8498

Thread Title "Axe-fx" (thread started by Devin):

The Dev said:
So I'm getting one for rehearsals running in front of a power amp and cab. Just for ease of setup in a smaller space.

Anyone know anything about it that could help? tips etc?

Seems like it could be a cool thing to get into.

d

And if you don't know who DT is, well then shame on you. :p

My 1st introduction to Devin was his singing on the "sex and religion" album of Steve Vai's. What a killer voice and from what i remember reading an equally talented guitarist...

teejay said:
My 1st introduction to Devin was his singing on the "sex and religion" album of Steve Vai's. What a killer voice and from what i remember reading an equally talented guitarist...

And producer.
Listen to the new "Becoming the Archetype". Awesome!!

GummiTZ said:
Will not bother registering at that forum to read. Would you mind pasting the essetials? :)

Whoops, I forgot about having to be a member to read that forum. :roll: Here's what he said:

Thread Title "Axe-fx" (thread started by Devin):

The Dev said:
So I'm getting one for rehearsals running in front of a power amp and cab. Just for ease of setup in a smaller space.

Anyone know anything about it that could help? tips etc?

Seems like it could be a cool thing to get into.

d

Later in the thread after some clips were posted, including several of Mark Day's youtube clips:

The Dev said:
sh-t, sounds great!

So I've got 2 really nice PA speakers and a good solid state power amp...would that be a good way to monitor? Plus a direct to FOH? ...or tube power into 4x12's

If I wanted to split the signal to my GP100, would I use the fx loop? or split the signal with an AB?

There's my questions...gonna start tweaking this week.

d

Cool! I also appreciated his contributions to Vai's "Sex and Religion" album. (I actually wish that guys like Steve Vai would put out albums with vocals on them more often. Look at what Carlos Santana did a few years ago. Can you imagine a Satriani, Vai, or Paul Gilbert album with a bunch of really good mainstream vocalists contributing to commercial songs? I would love that. But, I digress...)

Anyway, I also like what I've heard from Devin in the last decade or so. Yet another reputable convert. :ugeek:

browlett said:
Can you imagine a Satriani, .... album with a bunch of really good mainstream vocalists contributing to commercial songs? I would love that. But, I digress...)

Try Chickenfoot.

"...and then... he... ate the kids" (if I understood correctly). From the intro of S.Y.L, one of my all time favorite songs.

RiF said:
"...and then... he... ate the kids" (if I understood correctly). From the intro of S.Y.L, one of my all time favorite songs.
YES :D I love that tune.
I really hope he will share some of the heaviness he comes up with for presets too :eek:

MOSHON
DAVE

MarcoB said:
browlett said:
Can you imagine a Satriani, .... album with a bunch of really good mainstream vocalists contributing to commercial songs? I would love that. But, I digress...)

Try Chickenfoot.

I tried it.

Tasted like chicken.

Actually more like chickensh!t.

Back
Top Bottom