Devin Townsend Ambient Clean

jeffpengelly

Inspired
Okay I've worked long and hard on this one so I hope that you guys like it. If you think you can change it to make it better go right ahead and reupload! I don't think I got the reverbs quite like how Devin uses them but I'm really happy with it anyway.

I've attatched the IR and the patch.

I can only hope this is poopynuggeteer worthy!:razz

Attachments

• DevIr.syx
    8 KB · Views: 469
  • DevClean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 492
Pretty sound. I look forward to trying it. Thank you for your efforts & sharing.
reverbnation.com/bobbyguitarbotdeveaux

that's very good indeed. if it was me, i'd nick the multidelay bock out of preset 379 Ganymede and drop that in there instead of the reverb (unlink the master pan parameter from the lfo before copying)

edit - no that doesn't sound right. actually all you might need to do is turn up echo density in the reverb to 8

really nice patch...sounds good with the 30w cab and U87 too

sim

Last edited:
that's very good indeed. if it was me, i'd nick the multidelay bock out of preset 379 Ganymede and drop that in there instead of the reverb (unlink the master pan parameter from the lfo before copying)

edit - no that doesn't sound right. actually all you might need to do is turn up echo density in the reverb to 8

really nice patch...sounds good with the 30w cab and U87 too

sim
hey dude! i turned the echo densities up to 8 on both reverb blocks and its exactly what I was looking for! i think its pretty much perfect now!

I just loaded the DevClean.syx in my ultra, laods but no sound, I have to load the DevIr.sys file too? Or wot I do to get the single file to work?

jeffpengelly,

Nice patch, I think I will add my 2 cents:
1) instead of using the reverb you choose, you may try "MD Hall" and increase the reverb duration between 8 and 12 sec. You could also increase a little bit the reverb's size.
2) if you're looking for "A monday" sound, then you should increase the master feedback delay between 55 and 65%. It will add a kind of filter effect

cheers

jeffpengelly,

Nice patch, I think I will add my 2 cents:
1) instead of using the reverb you choose, you may try "MD Hall" and increase the reverb duration between 8 and 12 sec. You could also increase a little bit the reverb's size.
2) if you're looking for "A monday" sound, then you should increase the master feedback delay between 55 and 65%. It will add a kind of filter effect

cheers

Wow great changes. Thanks so much man, the reverb is so smooth and thick now it's sounding amazing! Thanks for the tips :)

Wow great changes. Thanks so much man, the reverb is so smooth and thick now it's sounding amazing! Thanks for the tips :)

Glad it helped you, but you're the one that made that patch ;)

In fact, DEV's delay patches are coming from his roland GP-100. I found an exact replica with soundtoys pluggin delays, a preset called Boss Dm2 or something like that. I'll try to transpose the patch into an axe block to see if it can match. If you interested by Dev's patches then you should take a look here : RIGGED: DEVIN TOWNSEND’S MASSIVE LIVE RIG, PIECE BY PIECE | MetalSucks
I'm actually working on a wet patch starting with his dry patch.

cheers,

Glad it helped you, but you're the one that made that patch ;)

In fact, DEV's delay patches are coming from his roland GP-100. I found an exact replica with soundtoys pluggin delays, a preset called Boss Dm2 or something like that. I'll try to transpose the patch into an axe block to see if it can match. If you interested by Dev's patches then you should take a look here : RIGGED: DEVIN TOWNSEND’S MASSIVE LIVE RIG, PIECE BY PIECE | MetalSucks
I'm actually working on a wet patch starting with his dry patch.

cheers,

yeah man i checked that article out! but i don't have an ultra so it was too much power for my standard :( But that would be really cool if you could replicate the delay block!

I'm working on it. That's not so simple, soundtoys are using their custom filter (from boss DM-2). The easy part is the delay itself, the hard part is to recreate the filter and saturation that comes from the filter. I think that I will have to use a second block to emulate the saturation. I'll keep you posted

Cheers.

Hi ! I spent the Week end to replicate the delay from soundtoy, but no luck. As mentionned before, the dirty sound comes from the filter and that's impossible to recreate it even using a second block to add some distortion, it's more like a filter with saturation... But I made an interesting patch which is useable for many things. I can upload it if you're interested.

Cheers,

Eway

Hi ! I spent the Week end to replicate the delay from soundtoy, but no luck. As mentionned before, the dirty sound comes from the filter and that's impossible to recreate it even using a second block to add some distortion, it's more like a filter with saturation... But I made an interesting patch which is useable for many things. I can upload it if you're interested.

Cheers,

Eway

hey eway,
thatd be sweet man! i'd love to try it out :)

Ok so here it is !

The cab used is the one from the dev patch

Enjoy !

Ps: Patch is optimized for EMG pickups. tuning C G C G C E

Attachments

• Eway Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom