Desert island Gear

Are we talking desert isle or dessert aisle, boys? Salma = both, please! I suddenly have an urge for some oatmeal-raisin-choc chip cookies & milk. :shock I would be equally happy with either of my Gisbon 6 or Taylor 12 acoustics. If I had to pick electric gear I'd say a strat with a JCM800 ... the mice on the generator wheels will be very busy.

I think we need some more supermodels on there :razz
Here's another one Gisele Bündchen. The umlaut makes the difference I think.

I have a feeling that Salma will be a very busy girl on that island... ;) :eek:
I can boast having been a neighbor of hers, (that is if she ever lived with her then boyfriend, Edward Norton) in around 2003 in LA. I was briefly living with a wealthy relative in Hancock Park, a block away from Nortons house. I kept taking these walks by his house . . .

This thread confuses me. I got an Axe so that I don't have to be stuck with just one amp. I want my Axe!!

I'd bring my wife. At least I know that she'll put up with my playing. For a while, anyway....

I can't even decide on a song to master.

I'm going back to playing the Buttery patch now.

Okay - I'll try to play by the rules:

1) Guitar: 2003 PRS McCarty
2) AMP: Tech 21 Trademark 60 (very versatile!)
3) Pedal: Glass Nexus - or - Carl Martin Compressor/Limiter
4) Song: Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits' 'Love over Gold' (I know - I really should bring my Gibson Chet Atkins)...

I got so disoriented by the thought of being without the Axe that I forgot to choose a guitar & stompbox. I'd go with my 94 Strat with Wilde Microcoil pickups and a Roland GK-3 pickup and my stompbox would be a Roland GR-55 guitar synth so I could get get acoustic guitar sounds and other electric guitar sounds that I can't get from the Strat along with all kinds of other instruments.

I'm going to need more than 1 year on this island.

Mmm, I am not sure if a synth counts as a single purpose non multi effect stomp, but as a synth generates sounds rather than effecting one it seems a valid loophole.

You can take one guitar, but which one would you take ?
I would take an acoustic in my case a Takamine (working with what I have). In place of the amp and one effect I would choose a case of some coated strings for the island environment and an allen key and some very fine steel wool.

To get off the island you have to master a difficult piece or solo, which do you choose ?

As for a piece of music Malaguena (Roy Clark, style!) or maybe "Mary had a little lamb"

Roy Clark - Malaguena (The Odd Couple) - YouTube

American Standard Strat.
Mesa Mk IV compact combo.
Solo to the live version of Child In Time, from Deep Purple's Made In Japan.

Back
Top Bottom