Desert island Gear

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
You may remember a radio show Desert island discs, but this is desert island gear.

Lets assume you are going to be stranded on a desert island for a year, electricity is available and meals are taken care of. But apart from that you can only play to wile away the hours.

You can take one guitar, but which one would you take ?
No Axe FX is allowed only one actual amp, which one do you take ?
You can take one single non multi effect pedal, which one do you take ?
To get off the island you have to master a difficult piece or solo, which do you choose ?
Let the discussion commence...

Last edited:
My emerald acoustic. Stays adjusted without tools, will actually last without rusting out, and easy enough to play on that I can so all styles. Don't need an amp, but what the hell, give me a fender twin or something to screw around with.

Batteries for active pickups are allowed. And only one pick, it's a desert island so shells are available for improvised picks.

Steinberger GL2T and a 70's era Marshall JCM800 2x12 combo and a digital delay.

The piece to master would be the complete solo to "Devil Take The Hindmost".

Manning, great choice of music. I haven't heard Metal Fatique, for years. I had most of my Music stolen and my car in 91, this is one that never got replaced, that needs to go on my buy list :D

I'd have to take my Gibson ES-355, the same one I've played every day for the last 30 years. I'd take a Deluxe Reverb and my Carl Martin Quattro. Keep it simple stupid. I'd take Salma too.

PRS CU24 fitted with SS frets, 10 boxes of strings... salt air reeks havoc on stings, my old Egnater M4 VHT 2/50/ rig, for a pedal I would take a Strymon time line.

Ok, I'm not a moderator so I would have to take a really big baritone acoustic so I can squeeze Gemma Arterton into it...

As a mere mortal... my 513 and 64 Super Reverb. And a map to Scott's side of the island... sneak up on Salma...

Ok, I'm not a moderator so I would have to take a really big baritone acoustic so I can squeeze Gemma Arterton into it...

As a mere mortal... my 513 and 64 Super Reverb. And a map to Scott's side of the island... sneak up on Salma...

Looks like the island is gonna be crowded with women, and we have Scott, Henry and now Rick with an eye on Salma. :D

I'm not picky. Give me a Tele, an amp on the edge of breakup, and a tube driver. Forget the mastering a difficult piece or solo, I would just have to learn to play in tune. :)

Can I just assume now that Salma will be there regardless of what I bring??

Back
Top Bottom