Demo IR's (BigBox)

No problem here with Axe-Fx II mk 1 and FW 19.

The couple I tried so far sounded great.
Yes, they definitely work on the basic Axe-Fx Mk1/Mk2. I was trying to auto-audition these presets using the Axe Manage Presets tool in Axe Edit, and it wasn't working, but as soon as I just imported the preset into a slot, everything worked as expected, and there are some nice sounds in there!

My pups must be significantly hotter than yours too and had to dial back. Would be interesting to compare what I hear from my guitar/speakers vs recordings of you playing a couple as a reference. Thank you for sharing and looking forward to the final release. I also really appreciate the effort put into volume leveling these.

Cheers

My pups must be significantly hotter than yours too and had to dial back. Would be interesting to compare what I hear from my guitar/speakers vs recordings of you playing a couple as a reference. Thank you for sharing and looking forward to the final release. I also really appreciate the effort put into volume leveling these.

Cheers

Well at release, there will be a sample of every patch! for reference so you can then use that as the benchmark.... : )

Im trying t find a real good way of presenting this, and have a few great ideas.. so we will see how it works out!.

Yes, they definitely work on the basic Axe-Fx Mk1/Mk2. I was trying to auto-audition these presets using the Axe Manage Presets tool in Axe Edit, and it wasn't working, but as soon as I just imported the preset into a slot, everything worked as expected, and there are some nice sounds in there!

Preset Manager doesn't support Preset-Cab bundles. So you must indeed use Import.

Now thats very nice for you to say this....In my humble opinion Andy is a great guy and his work too very appreciate...Yek' s too.he helped a lot this comunity...Clark Kent... Chris Katsukuri....so we all need your knowledge and skills...we all pay respect for your hard work and time you put in only to make things better and help us getting the sound we want.... thank you guys and its nice to see people around here that can say "I appologize or I' m sorry"

Hey folks, if my posting the link to Yeks presets was inappropriate I do apologize. I can see how it might have been negatively construed. Definitely not my intention. Andys stuff is first class and Im looking forward to getting it in the future.

Andy, the site still doesn't work for me, can't get the download… but you have my email ;)

You get out of the new TAF Preset-Cab bundles what you like.

At the most you'll have a usable preset in which the characteristics Amp and Cab are carefully tuned, featuring an Amp model that combines well with the IR and featuring a professionally captured IR, and nice effect settings.

If you don't care for the effects, you'll still have a great Amp+Cab combo, where the cab sounds just like the real equivalent.

At the minimum you still have a nice IR of a non-stock cabinet.

If the preset gain settings do not match with your guitar(s), try decreasing Input Trim or global Amp Gain.

Hey Andy, I've finally gotten them to download successfully, I just needed to run CCLeaner. These sound great! With a little tweaking of course :encouragement:. Thanks a bunch my friend, I'm looking forward to more IRs matched to the amps. Cool idea indeed.

Andy, I came across this info on your website. Is this an accurate description of the "Bigbox" product you refer to in this thread? It looks very exciting!

Ok so furthermore to the testing that's in place. - here are some more info about the complete package.

Working name is "Elements" - and may well be its end release name.. TBA

Due to the sheer size and volume of this release, it will be spread into 3 sections.. Please see below for all the details.

Overall Package Outline

-32 Drivers/cabs (See end of page for full details)
-13 mics per each cab/driver
-Brand new way of capturing speaker IR's with full detail like nothing before.
-Each cab captured in 2 formats.. 1x12/2x12 & 2x12/4x12 depending on driver/cab
-Each Driver gets its own defined AxeFX Preset that's configured with correct amp AND Speaker page (amp block)
-Detailed instructions, AND Chart to suggest what amp + cab works. so you can simply look up, plug and play.
-Each Cab captured in a layered system, so you can build your own chain.. from the Pre through to the size of cab
-7 U87 based room mics were used in all captured spaces to create a real ambiance/3D feel (mono+Stereo)
-Rear mics captured with various mics for extra building flavors and genre specific recording
-Captured some of my real Analogue H/W so you can add its color to the signal if you wish, Pre's to tape machines etc...
-Real mixes, from each amp captured with multi mics, setups/chains to pick and choose, easily and with knowing it will just "work"
-Genre Specific Mixes that you can goto to save time
-Recording & Live Mixes will be present.
-Sharing platform for those that wish to share recipes/IR's and general discussions (Key activation)
-Full support, help & assistance
-Free updates
-*Available in WAV/AxeFX Ultrares & .KIPR (kemper cab) formats * (possibly)
+many more that I forgot to list.

GOLD ELEMENTS - Price £135.99

*Everything*
-All 32 Drivers/cabs
-All mics/Ambiance/Analogue H/W
-All Mixes
-All AxeFX Presets/docs/guides/charts
-Free Updates/support
-Sharing activation key

SILVER ELEMENTS - Price £89.99

-All 32 Driver/Cabs
-All mics/Ambiance/Analogue H/W
-All Mixes
-Free Support

BRONZE ELEMENTS - £49.99

-All Mixes
-Free Support

Speaker Cabs/Drivers

Celestion Blue - Montage 2x12 Cab & Montage 4x12 Angled cab
Celestion ClassicLead - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 4x12 Straight 67 cab
Celestion Creamback - Marshall 1x12 & Marshall 2x12 cab
Celestion EVH - Mesa 2x12 & Mesa 4x12 cab
Celestion G12S - Victory 1x12 & Victory 2x12 cab
Celestion G12 SE - Montage 2x12 & Montage 4x12 Angled cab
Celestion GH12K - Splawn 2x12 & Splawn 4x12 cab
Celestion GH12T - Blackstar 2x12 & Blackstar 4x12 Straight cab
Celestion Gold - Zilla 1x12 & Zilla 2x12 cab
Celestion Greenback - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 67 4x12 cab
Celestion V30 - Victory 1x12 & Victory 2x12 cab

Emminence Cannibis Rex - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence EJ1250 - Zilla 1x12 & Zilla 2x12 cab
Emminence Legend - Fuchs 1x12 & Fuchs 2x12 cab
Emminence LiL Texas - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence Private Jack - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 4x12 67 Angled cab
Emminence Redfang - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence SwampThang - Toneking 1x12 & Toneking 2x12 cab
Emminence TexasHeat - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence TheGovner - Splawn 2x12 & Splawn 4x12 cab
Emminence Wizzard - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 67 Angled cab

Tayden Ace - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Tayden Smooth - Fuchs 1x12 & Fuchs 2x12 cab
Tayden TruBrit - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 4x12 Angled cab
Tayden Vintage - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab

Werehouse Blackhawk - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Werehouse BlackNBlue - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Werehouse C12CS - Marshall 2x12 & Marshal 4x12 Angled cab
Werehouse ET90 - Fuchs 1x12 & Fuchs 2x12 cab
Werehouse Vintage G12C - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab

Jenson P12 - 1x12 Fender cab & 2x12 Fender cab

Mics

ShinyBox 46MXL (Ribbon)
AKG C414 (Condenser)
DPA4011 (Condenser)
M160 (Ribbon)
Audix i5 (Dynamic)
Peluso P67 (Condenser)
Peluso R14 (Ribbon)
Royer 121 (Ribbon)
AEA R84 (Condenser)
Rupert Neve RNR1 (Condenser)
Shure S545 (Dynamic)
Shure Sm57 (Dynamic)
U47 (Condenser)

Rode NT5 (Condenser)
Sontronix STC1 (Condenser)
MD421 (Dynamic Condenser)

U87 (Room mics Only)

Analogue captures

Neve 1073 Mic Pre
Manly Massive Passive EQ (non active, Colour only)
API EQ & Compressors (Colour only)
FatBustardII - Active Channels/Colour only
Culture Vulture (P1 & P2 colour only)
Vertigo VSC Compressor (Colour only)
(A few Stomp Pedals (colour only)
Struder A800 Tape machine (All IPS's/Speeds Colour only)
APi & Neve Chanel Strips (Colour only)
A-Designs EQ (Colour only)

Building the Elements...

I captured all these in elements & Fully transparent, so that you can build a solid chain yourself (if required) - and in any order...( for example) :-

-Start with a Mic pre..
-Add your first Mic from the cab of choice
-And second mic...
-Add the rear mic if desired..
-Add the ROOM Mics if desired..
-Add a tape machine for a bit of color, or add the sound of a EQ Strip.. Compressor whatever.
-Blend away until happy.
-Save and play!.

Or you can use the Pre made AxeFX Presets that you can load and and play right out the gate..I'l be doing enough for everyone in all genre's - so you need not worry about what amp goes with what cab..I will take GREAT CARE to perfectly match and setup the speaker parameters for you. even if you then use this as your base. and add to that as you will...

When your done and want to be creative.. then do so.. and feel free to share with the rest of us.. a new forum will be created under lock & key, so other members can join in and share!. - it will be fun!.

These IR's are far the best Ive created, the most planned, and the most time consuming Ive done to date!.. its the mother of all projects. (hence the price) - But with 32 Cabs (actually 64) it will be a year long investment! :)

I think I covered all of it here. but Im sure this list will get updated as time goes by...

Release time will few weeks away yet.. but Im working around the clock so watch this space...

I gave the demos a try and some of them sound pretty good. But I also noticed that the gain seems really high on most of them and I'm wondering if they are not loading correctly or they are supposed to sound this hot? The preset named something "clean" is not really clean at all with any of my guitars, Les Paul Standard, Fender American Deluxe Strat, and a Surh Modern, all stock. The gain on the clean patch is set to 6-7ish. I've found the naming convention on your KPA profiles to be pretty accurate with the same guitars. Just wondering about the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Rockguitarizm - Yeah pretty much like that, a few things have changed slightly since then, but nothing major... it has been a LONG and tiresome journey, but im really happy. :)

@AZG - This is just the gain staging between different setups. - The good news is there will be a preview demo of each patch so you can match it with your guitars.

All the Demos were simply a WIP, they have already changed since then. - in a few days I might leak a few more out.. we will see : )

Ive been doing all paperwork the last few days.. Sorting out the info you will all need on the speakers.. I.E

listing.jpg

Found them: TheAmpFactory – “StudioDelta” IR pack (WAV ONLY) | The Amp Factory...Sounds of the past, present and future

But they are not listed here: IR – AxeFx2 | The Amp Factory...Sounds of the past, present and future

Thanks Andy.

I was playing around with the converted files a bit last night. (Can't play much still, so it's a good time to experiment with IRs)

They are still available (Currently still on TAF site) - but, as TheCabFactory is still a new site, not transfer everything across yet.. : )

That will be amazing, Andy. I think all of us will appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this massive effort.

It's nice to have the science and history behind the speakers in one place.

That will be amazing, Andy. I think all of us will appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this massive effort.

It's nice to have the science and history behind the speakers in one place.

Agreed! As a guitarist that basically used 2 amps over my life (Marshall & Fender) I will value the education factor when using this package.

This is just the gain staging between different setups. - The good news is there will be a preview demo of each patch so you can match it with your guitars.
I guess I don't really understand why there would be big such big differences, at least with really common stock guitars (Strat, tele, LP) when running straight into the Axe and then directly to CLR/monitors/PA? Even my generic strat is pretty hot on the "clean" patch. Maybe it's intentional, but then the naming is a little confusing.

Nevertheless, I really like the concept and I'm looking forward to its release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy, any estimate when this will be available for purchase and the price?

All TBA..All the Presets are pretty much done, now sorting the Ir's into usable names, doing the paperwork so to speak, basically doing all final touches that need to be done, so soon as that's complete I'll let her go. - in terms of price, not 100% sure yet, as it will be split into 3 separate downloadable options

But Im working on it (As we speak still) - so soon! : )

Back
Top Bottom