Delay in production *SCAM* - Mystery Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are great. :tearsofjoy:

And I will get him back. We've been pulling silly pranks for over 15 years. I just figured he'd realize what this meant to me. He's going to be sorry at some point, this shall not end here.

I actually think it was a quite funny prank....IF it just hadn't gone that far :)
Now....payback time ;)

Bad insider prank was actually my first thought when first read...then paranoia struck...
Perhaps this ‘Friend’ will incur the wrath of Google for his tasteless indiscretions......
Enjoy your amazing new black box @RevDrucifer even more now that you’ve entered the ranks of all time weirdly memorable threads.......( my second III just arrived yesterday afternoon right on time for my SouthBeach personcave so I am doubly relieved for you and me. )

Man, I'm almost as pissed now as I was earlier.

My best friend sent me a text about 45 minutes ago saying "You get your AxeFX yet?", so I sent him the abridged story of how I flipped out earlier, contacted Fractal and spent 6+ hours talking with Fractal employees, changing all my passwords, having the IT guy at work look into any breaches, all while I was getting my ass handed to me at work with serious issues.

He responds with:

"Fuck bro! It was supposed to be a joke, I thought you'd hit me up immediately to tell me it was delayed. I thought it was the best prank ever. Didn't mean to stress ya out the whole day, just wanted to make ya panic for a sec and then laugh right away."

He called me and tried to explain it but I wasn't laughing. Aside from the time that was wasted on Fractal's behalf and my own, this is more than a piece of gear for me, it's the culmination of all the work I've done on myself and in my life to get to the point that I could buy one. I read off the post I made earlier when DLC86 suggested it was a friend or family member.

I'm still in disbelief he would even think this was funny. I asked him why he didn't call me or send me a text when I replied to the e-mail asking if my package was being diverted to another customer, he said "Oh, I guess I logged out of Gmail", had he called me or sent a text telling me it was him or replied to that e-mail saying "Haha you idiot, it's Nacho!" I maybe would have chuckled.

I'm truly sorry for wasting everyone's time with this. I understand his point of how he thought it'd be funny, but he missed the mark by a long shot.
I hope your "friend" is happy. He cost us thousands of dollars in support costs looking into a possible system breach.

And to top it off, something fucked up with my work e-mail when resetting my password and I can’t get into my account now. Literally half my job is done via e-mail and now I have to wait for IT to figure this out.

Pissed off doesn’t adequately define my current state.

On t he bright side, you will be able to channel your horribly shifted karma into some truly raging tones when the not -diverted box arrives.....................8BBAC623-F5B7-4E7E-88EC-EEE75966BB7A.gif

Some of these people are not who they appear to be. We caught a couple red-handed when we traced their IP addresses to a competitor's office.
would still love to know who this competitor was, that did something similar.....I always like to avoid buying from companies that are filled with A-holes

And to top it off, something fucked up with my work e-mail when resetting my password and I can’t get into my account now. Literally half my job is done via e-mail and now I have to wait for IT to figure this out.

Pissed off doesn’t adequately define my current state.
You're using a work email account to order music gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom