Delay Dialing In

Won't load on my AFX2 Mark I, FW 19.0b2

/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/blocks/Delay/Dual-Golden-001-Admin-M_20150528_130415.blk: The block was saved using firmware version 19.00 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

Using AxeEdit 3.1.10

OSX 10.10.3

Same here, both block presets won't load....

I think I'll do a series of delay preset posts like this. How should I structure it? One long thread? Individual posts? Should I just keep this one going? My next one will be an eternal echo which stays out of its own way.
Wonderful idea, Matt! I love your insights into the art of tonecrafting.

I think it should be its own thread/threads. Maybe a "Matt's Notes" section.

Last edited:
I think I'll do a series of delay preset posts like this. How should I structure it? One long thread? Individual posts? Should I just keep this one going? My next one will be an eternal echo which stays out of its own way.
I say separate posts. I usually run my delay in parallel after the amp and cab. Do these translate well for that. I am not really an ambient buy but that golden ration concept is something I wouldn't mind having for those rare moments

You rock M@-man. I would create a new thread potentially with a title regarding Washy Delays, Ambient Delays or even Strymon-ish Copies something that covers what a lot of us are trying to explore with the AFX. If your team(s) have ways of competing with the existing Strymon and Eventide stuff, you're miles, correction, light years ahead of the other preamp processors (already are, but hey, why not make it better ;) ). I know myself especially am not as advanced as most of you guys on here so the more I can learn and adapt, the more I can prove to my group of musicians that the AFX literally does everything.

I can't say it enough, thanks for the examples and expertise on this. The greater the knowledge transfer, the greater the community grows. Much appreciated mate!

You rock M@-man. I would create a new thread potentially with a title regarding Washy Delays, Ambient Delays or even Strymon-ish Copies something that covers what a lot of us are trying to explore with the AFX. If your team(s) have ways of competing with the existing Strymon and Eventide stuff, you're miles, correction, light years ahead of the other preamp processors (already are, but hey, why not make it better ;) ). I know myself especially am not as advanced as most of you guys on here so the more I can learn and adapt, the more I can prove to my group of musicians that the AFX literally does everything.

I can't say it enough, thanks for the examples and expertise on this. The greater the knowledge transfer, the greater the community grows. Much appreciated mate!
Matt, I'm all in also! Whatever you can come up with to help with the Delays and verbs would be great!
Thx!

in matt's example, he has both delays set to 1/4 notes, so they would follow tap tempo

there's a lot of talk about delays on the forum at the moment and i'm wondering if people would be interested in a whole bunch of delay "blocks" they could drop into their axe edit block library. basically as many as i could think of, using the delay, multidelay, megatap etc etc maybe 30-50 blocks? some of them would be based on whatever strymon demos i could find on youtube? i'd make them available to download and probably ask for a voluntary donation. i could have them done by the end of next week....

I am 1000% in support of this. I would gladly donate for a set of high quality delays. They are just so important to so many musical scenarios its a shame to not take advantage of the power of the technology and the people who know what they're doing in designing them. When you complete the work please make it obvious where to find it!

No, because it is totally wrong.

Ok - I know you guys have an NDA with the U2 folks but brother you can't just walk in and drop that down without explanation :shock. That site is considered to be pretty much the gospel for U2 delay ... Let us know what's up!

Thanks!

Ok - I know you guys have an NDA with the U2 folks but brother you can't just walk in and drop that down without explanation :shock. That site is considered to be pretty much the gospel for U2 delay ... Let us know what's up!

Thanks!

Among the U2 guitar cognoscenti (I do not count myself among them) on the proverbial World Wide Web there is little but disdain for that site.

There are much better ones. Paging Edgewannabe!

good stuff :) we should have a delay section so we can share delay settings. I love the dirty tape which is a stock sound but I tweaked it a bit. This one is totally that Edge delay with the feedback at 30.0

fun.... thanks

My error log for the block says this was created on firmware 19. I hope I'll be able to use it in my AxeII when the release version comes out.
Here's what I'm seeing on my XL that I just now updated to 19.00 pb2:

C:\Users\Audio\Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\blocks\Delay\Dual-Golden-001-Admin-M_20150528_130415.blk: The block was saved using firmware version 19.00 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

Was the patch created with 19.00 pb1? Or perhaps it's just some random glitch.

Back
Top Bottom