Delay Dialing In

Using the DUAL DELAY, you can easily create "golden" echo by setting both sides to 1/4 and setting R TIME RATIO to 61.2%
Here's a little example of such an echo:

Thanks a bunch M@-man, this is going to help my ambient style preset builds in the future. Very cool sound, I hope I can recreate ;).

that would be very cool, Simeon...

I believe there is definitely a market for something like this for you....especially if you could nail some of the multi block stuff to mimic some of the shimmer stuff for people.

the multi block stuff is a little more complicated, in that they would have to be delivered as patches, rather than blocks...but i'll have a think about that too

yeah, totally...but i think that's where it is confusing for some and why it would be so helpful. i feel like I have a great grasp on how to get what I want from the Axe and there have been times where it's either been lost on me or taken me a while to get there....having "presets" of a sort would be very helpful in that situation.

that's been my contention in some of the Strymon/Eventide threads. I know the Axe can nail it, sometimes I just miss the instant inspiration of a cool "aha!!" type preset.

Using the DUAL DELAY, you can easily create "golden" echo by setting both sides to 1/4 and setting R TIME RATIO to 61.2%
Here's a little example of such an echo:

I played a little chirp at the end so you can hear the times clearly.

Woah. Its what i've been trying to figure out how to do with the axe since i got it last September haha.

Yes Simeon, do it!

in matt's example, he has both delays set to 1/4 notes, so they would follow tap tempo

there's a lot of talk about delays on the forum at the moment and i'm wondering if people would be interested in a whole bunch of delay "blocks" they could drop into their axe edit block library. basically as many as i could think of, using the delay, multidelay, megatap etc etc maybe 30-50 blocks? some of them would be based on whatever strymon demos i could find on youtube? i'd make them available to download and probably ask for a voluntary donation. i could have them done by the end of next week....

in matt's example, he has both delays set to 1/4 notes, so they would follow tap tempo

there's a lot of talk about delays on the forum at the moment and i'm wondering if people would be interested in a whole bunch of delay "blocks" they could drop into their axe edit block library. basically as many as i could think of, using the delay, multidelay, megatap etc etc maybe 30-50 blocks? some of them would be based on whatever strymon demos i could find on youtube? i'd make them available to download and probably ask for a voluntary donation. i could have them done by the end of next week....

1F6

Last edited:
My error log for the block says this was created on firmware 19. I hope I'll be able to use it in my AxeII when the release version comes out.

you need to place in the "delay" folder in your blocks library, which will be in your axe edit workspace. there's a folder called "blocks" where it needs to go. if you don't have those folders, then you can create a test block and save it and axe edit will create the folders for you. drop a delay into the grid and click on the little "+" sign down the bottom left of the UI. name it "test" and then go look for it. drop the block next to that test you just created. remember to restart axe edit, so it scans the library.

Yes, please. Thanks.

So I'm on FW 19 Beta 2. I add the block to my folder, close axe-edit, open it back up, and I get an error message that creates a log in my workspace. The error log says that Matt's block was saved using FW version 19.00 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware. So strange. Anybody else getting this message?

So I'm on FW 19 Beta 2. I add the block to my folder, close axe-edit, open it back up, and I get an error message that creates a log in my workspace. The error log says that Matt's block was saved using FW version 19.00 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware. So strange. Anybody else getting this message?

Edit does' support FW 19 remember M@ has all kind of stuff us common guys don't have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom