Deftones just rocked the Axe-FX in Rochester, NY!

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I have to say tonight was the best Deftones show I have ever been to. They played a little of everything. After tonight's show I am definitely proud to be an Axe-Fx II owner. Stephens guitar tones were unbelievable. From 6 string to 8 string sounded tight, crisp, full of dynamics and he must have tone matched the albums bc they sounded perfect. Especially the chugging parts from Adrenaline. My friend has back stage passes. I told him to ask Stephen if he would let me take a dump of his amp haha

I tried to take some pics with my phone but I'm intelligent enough to not need Axe-Edit but I can't figure out how to take a decent pic with my phone

Last edited:
I have to say tonight was the best Deftones show I have ever been to. They played a little of everything. After tonight's show. I am definitely proud to be an Axe-Fx II owner. Stephens guitar tones were unbelievable. From 6 string to 8 string sounded tight, crisp, full of dynamics and he must have tone matched the albums bc the sounded perfect. Especially the chugging parts from Adrenaline. My friend has back stage passes. I told him to ask Stephen if he would let me take a dump of his haha.

I tried to take some pics with my phone but I'm intelligent enough to not need Axe-Fx it but I can't figure out of to take a decent pic with my phone

Knowing that Koi No Yokan was done exclusively with the Axe-II was the main reason I immediately decided to order active wedges and dive head first into this box after 2 years of just grazing its capabilities.

Glad you dug the show. Deftones rule!!!

Mo

I really hope Stef shares his presets bc I couldn't believe how he was able to match the tones from all their albums. They make a really good example of how versatile the Axe-Fx II is. They are the first band I've seen use the Axe-Fx live. I've seen Deftones a few times in the past 20 years and they were horrible. Chino sang off key and the guitars just sounded the same for every song but last night's show was amazing. Chino's voice was clear and in key from his whispers to his screams and I can't say enough good things about Stef and Sergio's sound. Between using the Axe-Fx II and In Ear Monitors, the whole band's sound and performance improved 210%!

I took a vacation day today, so I wouldn't have to get up early for work after the show and I'm going to do a lot of tweaking w/ my Axe-Fx II :)

I recently spent an afternoon and evening with Stef, which I'll share some of the story from soon. I got to stand next to him while he tweaked his presets and they sounded KILLER on stage - absolutely crushing!

Good news is ..... He is keen to share them once he has them dialled in :)

I'll do a mini write up soon...
Sukh

YA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see them next week in Virginia and am SO stoked.

Are his presets v10 ?

hey, MetalBoy... i'm a ex-Rochesterian and i remember seeing them at Water Street way back in 96 and they sounded rough. And i seen them later on and wasn't much better. Im a big fan but didn't have a big desire to see them live. I'm glad they've got better live shows, maybe now i'll go see them again.

My Fractal colleague Ryan was able to meet up with Stef at the Boston show the other night. However, we didn't retrieve the presets from Stef yet as he wanted some more time to dial them in and since FW 10.0 is coming out very soon most likely.

We'll keep you guys in the loop when we have more info.

Axe-Fx 2 user in Rochester NY

I have to say tonight was the best Deftones show I have ever been to. They played a little of everything. After tonight's show I am definitely proud to be an Axe-Fx II owner. Stephens guitar tones were unbelievable. From 6 string to 8 string sounded tight, crisp, full of dynamics and he must have tone matched the albums bc they sounded perfect. Especially the chugging parts from Adrenaline. My friend has back stage passes. I told him to ask Stephen if he would let me take a dump of his amp haha

I tried to take some pics with my phone but I'm intelligent enough to not need Axe-Edit but I can't figure out how to take a decent pic with my phone

I am gonna take the Axe plunge in the next couple months, and wanted to see if anyone in Rochester NY would be willing to demo one. I am going nuts deciding how to finish this rig. I really want to hear it LOUD through a FRFR setup. I have never even considered purchasing a solid state amp until now, and am still on the fence about Matrix/Atomic frfr cabs vs Mesa/Marshall guitar cabs. The only thing I am POSITIVE about is the AFX2!! Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom