Danelectro Reel Echo Effect

flump

Inspired
So the Reel Echo has a pretty unique feature in that if you change the delay time as its delaying it changes the delay time WITHOUT changing the pitch. The effect can be seen here:

Mike Einziger of Incubus Gives "Pistola" Guitar Tutorial - YouTube

Skip to about 3:45. The effect I'm talking about happens at about 4:12 and you can see Mike going down to mess with the delay time then. So I tried setting a delay to infinite and messing with the delay time, but the axe definitely didn't respond in this way (I don't know of any other delays that do), although the axe reacted pretty unfavorably.

Anyone know how I could accomplish this? Will my next post be in the Wish List section?

Last edited:
+1

i try too....i still use my Sib Mr echo and memory man for some "pitch madnes" effects...i would like to axe can make...

+1

i try too....i still use my Sib Mr echo and memory man for some "pitch madnes" effects...i would like to axe can make...

For pitch madness you need to limit the delay time to a range of ~50 to 500ms (play with it until you get the sound you want little more/little less). what the original poster is speaking of is exactly the opposite. It doesn't change pitch as the delay time changes. Most de;ay units change pitch when you adjust the delay time.

so what to do?

The only feedback and delay that doesn't do the pitch shifting (that I know of)is the crystals. It doesn't have a modifier for delay time and pops when you turn anyway.

I did discover you can get some really cool flanging going with megatap delay though.

Howdy fractal folks...this post is now 6 years old...by me, and I'm wondering if anything new in the Axe has popped up to make this happen?

the fact that we have the tape delay that DOES change pitch when you change the motor speed, is great.

you can try attaching a random lfo to the delay time of the digital delay, making sure to keep the min/max within about 30ms - 200ms (off the top of my head) and it'll bounce around doing crazy stuff. just attach an external pedal to the run parameter of the lfo

Back
Top Bottom