Dad Jokes

Why did the golfer bring two pairs of pants to the game on Labor Day?
In case he got a hole in one! ⛳
A drub handicap golfer teed up a ball, stepped back the stepped up prepped his swing and then proceeded with his follow-through. The ball launched firmly at 45 degree angle to the tee and hit a rock outcropping, ricocheted and returned to smack the golfer squarely.

The golfer immediately grabbed his right hand with his left and held it tightly to his crotch, doubling over in pain.

A physical therapist female nurse who observed the accident from a distance called out to the foursome with the afflicted golfer. "Don't touch him! I'll be right there!" The nurse hopped out of her golf cart, much to the surprise of the foursome, she was a tall, buxom gal , physically fit, drop dead looks.

The nurse approached the afflicted golfer on the ground and said, "Don't move, I can help!"

The nurse begins massaging the man's crotch. After about 10 minutes with his companions watching in disbelief, the nurse says, "There's how's that?

The man sits up and says, "I don't know what else to say, that was wonderful."

The nurse says, "You should likely ice that until the swelling diminishes, and avoid any strain or recreation until the contusion subsides."

"Darn," says the golfer. "How am I going to explain to my boss about the bandage?

Nurse says, "You don't need a bandage for a bruised groin."

Golfer says, "Miss, I appreciate what you've done, I mean you had the perfect grip, and um...but the truth of the matter was the ball ricocheted and hit my right thumb!"

Thanks for the share @bleujazz, I did enjoy the track, so thanks for sharing...
Here's mine for you...
Hope you like it as much as I did yours...

Thanks, Dave,

That's something that's typically not in my playlist rotation. Man, that takes me back quite a few years. When I originally signed on for guitar lessons at a local shop, the teacher asked me what I'd like to study. I had no plan. He said, "Care to try something challenging?"

For the next two weeks we covered, Always with You, Always with Me. After two weeks I realized Satriani was way above my pay scale.

He then asked, what do you know? "A little about the pentatonics, both major and minor, a little of the blues scale, nearly bupkis about chord structure or theory.

He then said, "It's sounds like you could use some guided direction, and a practice schedule plan. For the next 18 months, we met at the shop, then at his practice studio, then until he was hired as the jazz coordinator for a young men's prep school. As a college prof, he could no longer enjoy his own private practice, and we parted ways amicably.

One of the things I appreciated most about him was that while he might help me reason on a topic, or try to reach a conclusion regards some chord structure, he was never intrusive or forceful. Since then, I've met several teachers who were more disciplined and expected you to be as well...and to be honest, it was because of not having a practice plan, these teachers and I could never find common ground. They felt the lack of discipline was contributing to unfocused and tangential thought.

Again, it was part of my social growth timeframe that is still part of an ongoing process. Like many who practice a hobby in hopes of improving over time, it's not easy forcing oneself to focus when one studies. Hell, I'll be 66 years old this year and most of my afternoons following a prior afternoon/evening work shift involve napping. Up until last year, my energy levels were decent, and I'd nap maybe a hour following a work day.
The hour has now extended to 3 to 4 hours afternoons and evenings.

After about 90 minutes worth of study, my energy needs restoration, so I either nap of enjoy a small snack. Maybe both. Perhaps in a separate post I'd need to frame a question for folks who tire easily after bodily or mental exercise, what coping methods does the older set employ to help them stay active but not so much that they'd feel burnt out with in reasonable timeframe.

Yup. Allow me to phrase my question myself tomorrow and post it. See you then.

Thanks, Dave,

That's something that's typically not in my playlist rotation. Man, that takes me back quite a few years. When I originally signed on for guitar lessons at a local shop, the teacher asked me what I'd like to study. I had no plan. He said, "Care to try something challenging?"

For the next two weeks we covered, Always with You, Always with Me. After two weeks I realized Satriani was way above my pay scale.

He then asked, what do you know? "A little about the pentatonics, both major and minor, a little of the blues scale, nearly bupkis about chord structure or theory.

He then said, "It's sounds like you could use some guided direction, and a practice schedule plan. For the next 18 months, we met at the shop, then at his practice studio, then until he was hired as the jazz coordinator for a young men's prep school. As a college prof, he could no longer enjoy his own private practice, and we parted ways amicably.

One of the things I appreciated most about him was that while he might help me reason on a topic, or try to reach a conclusion regards some chord structure, he was never intrusive or forceful. Since then, I've met several teachers who were more disciplined and expected you to be as well...and to be honest, it was because of not having a practice plan, these teachers and I could never find common ground. They felt the lack of discipline was contributing to unfocused and tangential thought.

Again, it was part of my social growth timeframe that is still part of an ongoing process. Like many who practice a hobby in hopes of improving over time, it's not easy forcing oneself to focus when one studies. Hell, I'll be 66 years old this year and most of my afternoons following a prior afternoon/evening work shift involve napping. Up until last year, my energy levels were decent, and I'd nap maybe a hour following a work day.
The hour has now extended to 3 to 4 hours afternoons and evenings.

After about 90 minutes worth of study, my energy needs restoration, so I either nap of enjoy a small snack. Maybe both. Perhaps in a separate post I'd need to frame a question for folks who tire easily after bodily or mental exercise, what coping methods does the older set employ to help them stay active but not so much that they'd feel burnt out with in reasonable timeframe.

Yup. Allow me to phrase my question myself tomorrow and post it. See you then.
yeah, the song was not meant to be something that us mortal guitarist can play, but something to enjoy,
I took lessons many years ago from a teacher in sf that had the proud distinction to have given lessons to JS,
I was always a fan of him and when I found a guitar tutorial from the 80's from him always wanted to conquer it,
however physical limitations, I was never able to master, so I share my lesson that defeated me too...
1725084310504.png

yeah, the song was not meant to be something that us mortal guitarist can play, but something to enjoy,
I took lessons many years ago from a teacher in sf that had the proud distinction to have given lessons to JS,
I was always a fan of him and when I found a guitar tutorial from the 80's from him always wanted to conquer it,
however physical limitations, I was never able to master, so I share my lesson that defeated me too...
View attachment 144594
Here's a better copy. Go to page 13.

https://dn720002.ca.archive.org/0/i...-secrets/Joe Satriani-guitar secrets_text.pdf

Man I wish I could play like Sach. Us mortals will just have to sit back and enjoy. :)

I got to see him at the moon in Tallahassee years ago, and then I got to see him with chicken foot in Atlanta both of his shows were phenomenal…

Back
Top Bottom