Dad Jokes

Q: What happened when 500 hares got loose on Main St.?

A: Police had to comb the area.

Q: What should you give a dog with a fever?

A: Mustard. It's the best thing for a hot dog.

Thanks DaveO glad to be back hope all you guys are doing well. All is well here my sister in Fort Myers took a beating down there they got water back today they are so lucky…. I’ll bet they leave next time.
At least after all that rain, you'll have fresh air and cooler than normal temperatures. Of course, your definition and mine of "normal" will vary widely...

At least after all that rain, you'll have fresh air and cooler than normal temperatures. Of course, your definition and mine of "normal" will vary widely...
The weather is really nice right down in the 50 s at night and I think we got close to 80 and spent the day cleaning the yard and cutting the grass. :)

The weather is really nice right down in the 50 s at night and I think we got close to 80 and spent the day cleaning the yard and cutting the grass. :)
Awesome. My Monday earlier this week was spreading a tarp over my front flowerbed where I'd planted bulbs and covered with mulch. Afternoon consisted of trimming my hedges and raking the clippings onto the tarp, then slinging the tarp over my shoulder and toting it up to the apartment debris pile. Two loads of laundry, folding same, and storing garden tools. Then, disconnecting my downspout rainbarrel (prior to Tuesday night's downpour), draining it and storing that as well. Change of clothes, grocery shopping, and a wash-up/brush Monday evening.

Today, my monthly butchering of 2 pork shoulders for ground pork which makes homemade sausage stuffing and meatloaf. IIRC, got about 12 lbs of ground pork. Stored safely into freezer. Oops. That reminds me, need to pull a couple lbs. out for stuffing Friday...

Nothing out of the ordinary or scary there. Maybe carrying the tarp/trimmings made me look burdened down, but all in a day's work.

I cleaned bugs off the camper from our road trip up into Georgia this evening them pesky love bugs and earlier went to Home Depot.

Thought to give a friend a call who'd been hospitalized with some health issue and follow-up procedure. Have promised to not try and make him laugh for fear of busting stitches or something. It's OK, I'll just be myself and he'll be snoring in no time.

I cleaned bugs off the camper from our road trip up into Georgia this evening them pesky love bugs and earlier went to Home Depot.
I love Home Depot! They've got almost everything one might need for whatever project, big or small. Just don't make me watch "Home Improvement" too often. "This Old House" is more my style.

Have you got your water back yet, Fred?

I love Home Depot! They've got almost everything one might need for whatever project, big or small. Just don't make me watch "Home Improvement" too often. "This Old House" is more my style.

Have you got your water back yet, Fred?
Yepper we are all good here but my sister in Fort Myers just got the water turned on today but they have to boil it to use it.
We tried to get her out from down there in Fort Myers but she wouldn’t leave.

Yepper we are all good here but my sister in Fort Myers just got the water turned on today but they have to boil it to use it.
We tried to get her out from down there in Fort Myers but she wouldn’t leave.
Understand her tenacity. No one wants to leave their homes if they think they can ride it out. In CT, whenever our authorities give an evac order, we comply. Hasn't happened since the great flood of '55, but we're ready to grab our "go-bags" (essential survival backpack or suitcase needs) and travel to safer regions if absolutely necessary.
What’s is an Egyptian apple pie?

The kind mummy used to make. :eyes: :oops:🤯😆
Am happy to say that I've paid my CC bills for this month, and unless I buy wants instead of needs stuff, I can save for more important things (like that car insurance bill come January). Hopefully, my senior housing rebate and tax refund next year will cover the car insurance, but it might be wise for me to have more deducted from my paycheck for tax refunds in 2024, once my EIC credit goes bye-bye. Not sure if there will be a senior citizen credit once 65 is reached. Recall reading something about that in previous years. Will calculate and see what course of action will need be taken.

If you need to know what direction to take, your phone has a built-in GPS. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday to not know how to find my way home again each day. And IIRC, Fred, you are at home now. Just like the multitudes of people wondering what to watch on TV that has distracted them from being able to see what's in their own households or yards, or further away. Or sitting at their computers looking for stuff. Others are wiser, and are reading a book before bed. If perhaps you do plan on walking this evening; bring a flashlight. Moonlight, starlight and street lights likely won't be bright enough.

Last edited:

Fire at the Pub​

A firehouse got a call about a pub. The firemen rushed there to see the place ablaze. They could hear someone calling for help from inside. Two of them ran in to see an Irishman trapped under debris. They were able to pull him out as the rest of them fought the fire. One of his rescuers asked how the fire started. The Irishman looked up at him and said, "I don't know, it was like this when I got here."
:eek:😆🚒🧯

So it was an interesting day. I had some chicken and rice soup for lunch, did some grocery shopping after changing into my cargo shorts and sweatshirt. After putting groceries away, football was on the TV. It was awesome, guys running down the field, passing, banging heads together, etc. It didn't matter to me what team was playing. My legs got a little tan, and although I didn't expect my team to lose, they did splendidly. It was wonderful. Only thing of note was I burned my tongue on the soup. Oh, well. A nice day just the same.

Back
Top Bottom