Custom Drive block

Do you want?

• Total voters

scarr

Experienced
I don't know if this is a separate idea, but it's diabolical. What if there was an "Advanced Drive" block. That could allow for something non-standard like the Fuzz Factory and potentially allow for customizing other circuit designs too. It wouldn't load down the existing Drive block, so you wouldn't have to worry about it messing up existing presets. PLUS, that would add more Drive blocks overall. It could answer a whole set of wish list items in one go!

Thoughts?

EDIT: I called it "Custom Drive" in the title, but "Advanced Drive" in the post since it was spawned from my "advanced Drive settings" thread. Suggestions for a good name would be welcome, along with "yes" votes. :p

scarr said:
EDIT: I called it "Custom Drive" in the title, but "Advanced Drive" in the post since it was spawned from my "advanced Drive settings" thread. Suggestions for a good name would be welcome, along with "yes" votes. :p

It could be called, "You Drive". :D

shredi knight said:
scarr said:

It could be called, "You Drive". :D

+1 on "You Drive", that´s the best I´ve heard in long time!!!

scarr said:
EDIT: I called it "Custom Drive" in the title, but "Advanced Drive" in the post

What if we call it CCD blocks... Cliff Custom Drive... :roll:
Any news?

We generally only get news when there is a release and we find something has been implemented.

I agree, and also feel that that are too many TS type drives in the current lineup - I'd really like to have a Fuzz Face.

tubetonez said:
I agree, and also feel that that are too many TS type drives in the current lineup - I'd really like to have a Fuzz Face.
From my days in the GeekChat (stompbox) forum, I learned there are dozens of different variations and different people swear by different versions, even though many are 98% the same.

Fuzzes can vary by 10-15% though, so it's much more sensible to have a mess of those! :D I kid, but the Custom Drive is really becoming a leading wish by a fair margin.

tubetonez said:

I think more advanced options in the Hard Fuzz model could cover a lot of ground. More eq options, maybe a bias control, etc. As it is, I find it sounds great, but is limited.

In case anyone didn't see it......

FractalAudio said:
The next firmware release due out next week allows the Drive block to be customized: low-cut, hi-cut, clip type, bias, etc.

D

Back
Top Bottom