Curious: how many use frfr or cab for “your” stage sound

I use my Fender FR12 on stage direct to Fractal so I can control what I hear. It's FRFR but sounds more like an amp than any other stage monitor I've used in the past

This is what I have as well. So far only used it in rehearsal and it sounded fantastic. I will be using it this Saturday for the first time at a gig. I can't imagine the volume never being loud enough, even for a large venue.
Last year I played a fair. Huge stage. I brought my Fargen DBC50 head and large 2X12 cabinet. The sound guy had my volume almost off.

After my first 20 years of playing with cabinets, wedges, and loud stage volumes I'm so glad that I switched to IEM's for the last 20+ years. The technology has gotten so much better and I hear the exact same mix no matter where I am on or off stage. I use FRFR's at home for setting presets and tweak them at practice on the main PA speakers but on stage the only thing listening to my FRFR's is my guitar so I don't need them too loud and most times only use 1. I don't need to break the bank on FRFR's and my ears never ring after a practice or a show. Protect your hearing, you will grow old some day and reading lips sucks.

Back
Top Bottom