I ordered an FRFR solution a Raezers Edge Aduio Flux

jzgtrguy

Inspired
I ordered a Raezers Edge Audio Flux 2x10 powered FRFR cab. It's Stereo with lines out if I want to go FOH. I should have it in a couple of weeks. I'll give my impressions after I've had it a while. I was using two Trusonic Alto210s

Is there a particular reason you would feed the FOH from the FRFR instead directly from the FM9? When you turn up the FRFR will that not turn up the FOH feed? Why not use the independent volumes/outputs on the FM9 for separate feeds?

Is there a particular reason you would feed the FOH from the FRFR instead directly from the FM9? When you turn up the FRFR will that not turn up the FOH feed? Why not use the independent volumes/outputs on the FM9 for separate feeds?

When I'm at home and practicing I just like to plug and play I don't want to use head phones. I don't have any recording or music software. For smaller gigs where no PA is necessary like a jazz gig I'll just use the amp. For Church gigs and other things where they guys on the board want 100% control of stage volume I'll got FOH and use in-ears. I just grew up with amps and that's all I ever used until I went digital I'm just more comfortable and I like the "feel" of playing with an amp.

When I'm at home and practicing I just like to plug and play I don't want to use head phones. I don't have any recording or music software. For smaller gigs where no PA is necessary like a jazz gig I'll just use the amp. For Church gigs and other things where they guys on the board want 100% control of stage volume I'll got FOH and use in-ears. I just grew up with amps and that's all I ever used until I went digital I'm just more comfortable and I like the "feel" of playing with an amp.
I think you misunderstood.

He was asking why you were planning on using the "through" outputs on the FRFR for FOH instead of giving FOH a second feed from Output 2 with a separate volume control. That would let you turn up/down your stage volume without affecting the level that FOH gets.

That looks very cool. Pretty impressive at only 27lbs as well! I am curious how well stereo effects will be with the speakers so close. I look forward to your review!

frfr1.jpg

frfr2.jpg

I'll jump in here since I custom ordered a tweed tolex 2x10 version a couple of months ago. I'm very happy with my purchase! Interacting with Geoff has been refreshing on many fronts. I like that he builds to order, kept me updated with progress emails, understood my goals and gave me his honest opinion on his different options vs my use. All in all a great guy to lead this important purchase for me.

In regards to sound/tone satisfaction - I am more than pleased. My FM9 amp blocks and cab blocks sound like real amps! What I hear in my studio headphones is what I hear out of this box. Done - finished. I'll add a couple more thoughts - being able to play in stereo without summing issues that mono dulls down a bit is very nice. Comparatively I hear no drop off in sound quality compared to my Atomic CLR - different but great. With the added benefit of being able to remove the lower back panel for more amp in the room sound and also the stereo aspect - I prefer the Raezer 2x10 to the single Atomic CLR. I've used this box for a live blues band, worship and studio. It has ended my rabbit hole frfr journey. Really like this box and will probably sell the Atomic CLR and get a second Raezer in a couple of months. Also, it can get ear damaging loud. No problem at all playing with our loud drummer. I can easily drown him out with clear undistorted sound if I wanted to.

Build quality is outstanding as well, fit and finish leaves the impression of a superb craftsmanship. And finally the weight at around 27 lbs puts a smile on my face after carrying the Atomic CLR @ 45lbs (and I also had a Headrush frfr112 @ 36lbs - for a stereo setup). Together those (2) boxes weigh around 80ish pounds and included (2) trips to the car with me heaving them into the car.

Finally the Raezer comes with a very nice thick cover. Easily a $60+ inclusion. Strangely it did not ship with a power cable. Wasn't a problem for me - but a heads up that you may need to have or get a power cable.

Man, thank you so much for the review! Those cabs look great, but you just don't see reviews about them very often. I've played through Headrush 108, Freidman ASM, Aspen Pittman Spacestation, QSC k8.2, Accugroove Demitasse. Lots of notable mentions in there, but I'd love to have a more compact stereo rig for my solo jazz gigs. You just might have pushed me over the fence. My wife will be so angry....

Man, thank you so much for the review! Those cabs look great, but you just don't see reviews about them very often. I've played through Headrush 108, Freidman ASM, Aspen Pittman Spacestation, QSC k8.2, Accugroove Demitasse. Lots of notable mentions in there, but I'd love to have a more compact stereo rig for my solo jazz gigs. You just might have pushed me over the fence. My wife will be so angry....

I can't imagine not being happy with the tone. I typically use a princeton amp model with various cab ir's and what I hear with this Raezer is a princeton --- more to the point, I hear a larger sonic version of a princeton given my cab choices. With the stereo option adding width, the sound is not as boxy as my Atomic CLR even though the CLR sounds great.

My sentiments exactly. I really dig that you got the tweed. Mine looks like carbon fiber. great review, thanks for taking the time to give all the details.Two of the things I dig are the super simple ins and outs and the combo look, I'm a traditionalist at heart. Guitar players can be so "conservative with relic'd guitars and tube amps etc. my FM 9 and this amp combined with a Tele and I'm good for any gig from Bop to Pop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom