Curated Section

youngmic

Inspired
I would gladly pay a subscription fee to access a curated section of this forum. Essentially, it would be a sub-forum populated by posts that are relevant, helpful, instructive, and/or news-worthy for Axe Fx users. The posts would be selected from posts available on the wider forum, but would be hand picked by someone paid to do just that.

Frankly, it's getting increasingly difficult to wade through the noise.

I think this is the biggest opportunity in software development right now. All of the internet is full of noise. The first company (Google?) that can figure out algorithms that will gather information that is interesting/important out of the noise will clean up. Lots of people would pay for this type of filtering.

Then again - on this forum you can still ask a question thats maybe been asked many times before and invariably end up with helpful and polite responses ... or a steer to a thread where it was discussed previously.

I tip my hat to you all .... this is a good place IMO.

I'm trying to decide if this would make the cut in the curated section.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

I would gladly pay a subscription fee to access a curated section of this forum. Essentially, it would be a sub-forum populated by posts that are relevant, helpful, instructive, and/or news-worthy for Axe Fx users. The posts would be selected from posts available on the wider forum, but would be hand picked by someone paid to do just that.

I have shortcuts to posts by Cliff, Matt, and a couple of other users that I find are consistently useful and interesting. I occasionally browse other threads that are interesting but since I've "auto-filtered" my browsing using these shortcuts, while I may be missing some interesting stuff, I don't spend hours anymore wading through posts that I don't NEED to see.

I just want to add that most of the meaningful information end up being posted in the wiki (about as fast as it's posted on the forum!)
Axe-Fx II Wiki Home - Axe-Fx II Wiki
Thank you so much Yek!
This. ^^^

Yek has been curating this stuff for years as a gift to us. Start charging, Alex! :)

That said, I do see some value in calling more attention to the newsworthy. For instance, a single thread where new firmware would be announced. Anyone who subscribed to the thread would be notified when a new version came out, without having to go looking for it.

Well, if you tell the site to only monitor changes on the firmware page, you'll be notified on firmware changes only...

I agree, this thread is a perfect example. :roll

Well, if you tell the site to only monitor changes on the firmware page, you'll be notified on firmware changes only...
The page that contains the firmware links also contains dynamic content and other elements that can change. For instance, I don't want to be notified when a new quote gets slipped into the "Customer Testimonials" part of the page. Even if that problem wasn't there, ChangeDetection's shady excuse for a privacy policy is enough reason for me to avoid their services.

Back
Top Bottom