"Crappy mode"

When you turn on Autoengage, which modifier are you editing?
Please bear in mind that you're a legend, I'm just an apprentice. I'm only using the presets that were installed when I bought the AX8. I'm just beginning to study the AX8 so I haven't studied how the blocks are structured. I don't know how to turn on or off Autoengage nor do I know about editing modifiers. I will check though.

Thx. See above. The wah seems to be the problem. I replaced the wah with a shunt yesterday and the sound quality didn't change. Now I want to know if this randomly autumated triggering of the wah block can be fixed without bypassing the wah. Is it a software bug?
Just turn off the auto engage and your wah won't turn on unless the assigned foot switch is engaged.

In general, if you are not going to physically attach an expression pedal to each of the pedal inputs on the back of the AX8, take the following steps:

1) Navigate to: SETUP->IO->CTRL
2) Change any of the parameters on this page that are configured as "PEDAL 1", "PEDAL 2", "PEDAL 3", or "PEDAL 4" to "NONE".

This way any preset that has controllers attached to modifiers will not track with the pedal inputs. These inputs are pulled HIGH (100%) when no expression pedal is attached. However, this does not completely prevent the possibility that the input will pick up ambient electrical noise. This can cause the input to "wiggle" a little. Depending on how the modifier is configured, this can trigger the auto-engage.

NOTE: The factory presets are provided as examples, and therefore contain examples of how to use controllers and modifiers. Most, if not all, of the factory presets containing a WAH block are attached to and EXTERNAL CONTROLLER (i.e. EXTERNAL 1).

New AX8 user here; I'm loving everything about it except a similar issue I'm getting with the wah. I have a Wah block and no expression pedal. It's set up to be an auto-wah, so control source is set to Envelope and auto engage is OFF. Every once in a while when I switch to this preset (maybe 1 out of 10 times) the wah defaults to ON when it definitely should not be.

I've followed Joe's above suggestion to prevent this by setting all control params to NONE to be safe. Just to verify though, is this still the only surefire solution (considering that autoengage is OFF)? I would like to use an expression pedal for other presets, but this global solution seems to make that impossible.

That is correct...you will have to disengage the external controller. It has to be a bug IMO.

Back
Top Bottom