CPU peaking

Marcelo

I did the upgrade, so after setting up a new preset (87%), I put an external control for the boost boost (on / off with a Boss FS 5L). Then everything gets distorted. As if the buffer were low. I already put the reverb in normal quality and density in 3. Is there any adjustment I'm not making?

I loaded an old preset with the same settings, and it's working fine. When I load a preset that does not have the link with the external pedal, as soon as I link, the audio gets distorted.

Controllers use up CPU. Some attached parameters seem to use more CPU than others. Also, some blocks (Drive for example) use a little more CPU when processing audio. The CPU meter will look okay, but as you play louder the CPU will rise and cause distortion and/or the Reverb block to bypass.

There maybe some other places where you can recover a little CPU. But that usually involves some compromises. Only you could answer what is a deal breaker or not.

If you PM the preset to me, I can have a look for you.

I realize that but seriously why stick with a dual core I'm very interested in purchasing one but every demo is see the CPU is maxed out with very few fx's so far that's my only reason I've not placed an order. As a computer tech I see this problem day after day along with memory leaks. Even worst with positive grids software

Ya like why such a limited CPU at the price put in an 6-8-10 core and up the price
At the time it was designed, it was the most powerful option for low-latency signal processing that was readily available in quantity. And price point was a stated design goal. I'm glad that Fractal chose not to compromise audio quality to achieve that price point.

keep in mind that many times we just want to add EVERYTHING in one preset. but that's just not how it works. you CAN put a lot of things in a preset if you optimize the CPU usage of blocks like Reverb and Cabs. this is well-documented in many threads on this forum. the High quality versions of those blocks really weren't meant to be used with tons of other blocks. it just wasn't. the CPU usage is so high to give us the OPTION of using that in the studio or something like that. the Normal versions of those blocks are already high quality versions.

if seeing other people have high CPU is keeping you from the axe line, ok. but you're missing out on using gear that is amazing. remember, it is habit to fill that CPU up, even if you don't use all the blocks. and people do tend to forget that Presets exist, rather than cramming everything in one.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom