COVID. Thought for sure that I was in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw folks, I've worked with the FDA, CDC, NIH and the WHO. They are interested in one thing. Money. Their altruistic endeavors ended long ago.
It begs the question, what are all of the other motives out there? Vengeance against the system? Political gain? Profit? Passion of philosophical or religious beliefs? It can't just be that the establishment are the bad actors alone.

Can o worms I know, but I think it's important to remember that taking a side in this fight doesn't guarantee righteousness in the end. I believe that the likely truth is that there are bad or misguided people on every side of this, all having major negative impacts.

Anybody remember how health care workers went from being heroes to pariahs? Now did that happen? It was bad people with bad motives influencing the masses by praying on their fears and frustrations IMO.

I'm not convinced that Ivermectin has no value, but It damn sure needs to be better vetted by the science community than it has been. Not just by a few outliers. The most frightening thing is that this gets pushed as an alternative to vaccines to great affect. The science has clearly demonstrated that this is false. People like joe Rogan with an audience of 8 million people! He's no expert or in any way qualified to spread that bs, but he can and does.....

I know I'm not gonna change any minds here...I just gotta walk away! LOL...so hard once the hook is in ya!

The food pyramid has a really interesting and awful history, that was detailed in the book The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz. The same guy who blessed our troops with K-Rations, Ancel Keyes, had a surprising amount to do with food recommendations in the United States, and that was based on manipulated and cherry-picked studies that were fed to the right politicians.

Experts are who ought move us forward, but how does a layman evaluate an expert? That's the issue here: whom do you trust? I certainly don't trust the food pyramid, but I do trust my Moderna vaccine. The crazy thing is that arguments of this nature can seem axiomatic. Without a shared pool of facts upon which to agree, it's like shouting past each other. I don't blame a single black person in the United States for mistrusting medical advice, after one has learned about the Tuskegee experiments, or after having their pain ignored by a doctor, or having been medically mistreated in a million other ways. But on the other hand, how much more brutal has Covid been for minorities due to vaccine hesitancy? Every part of this is brutal.

I'm no expert on any of this, so I've just listened to so many interviews with epidemiologists since it all started, and the advice has been strikingly similar. I'm just grateful to be alive, and grateful cases in the US are receding rapidly. This picture of bodies piled up next to living patients in Hong Kong makes me that much more grateful.

@atyourlasthourrr I haven't read all the replies, so other people may have had the same experience I've had. My Wife and I both got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine . On Thursday 12/23/2021 around 9PM out of nowhere I got really dizzy and could barely stand. I felt like I was going to vomit. I went right to bed. The next morning I felt a little dizzy but I work from home and worked the full day and felt fine by the end of the day. My Wife started to get a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose Friday 12/24/2021. She was fine in less than a week. My vaccinated Farther in law had recently had to go to the hospital due to Covid and wanted us to get tested, so he dropped some off for us. I tested negative but my Wife positive. Almost everyone in my Wife's family tested positive in the next week but never got sick and the unvaccinated never got sick or tested positive. Most people in our family got more sick from the vaccine than Covid.

My Wife and I got vaccinated at the same time in late October 2021. They asked us to wait 15 minutes before leaving. Less than 5 minutes after my Wife got her shot she said she started to feel strange. I asked her if she felt sick or faint and said No, just something doesn't feel right. I asked the nurse if they could get my Wife something to drink and maybe a cold towel to put on her forehead. I tuned around and my Wife had a blank stare and wasn't responding. Her eyes closed, fell forward and started to make the death rattle sound but I was able to catch her before she fell out of the chair. She stopped breathing, had no pulse or heart beat. I called for nurses and as we went to put my Wife on the floor, her eyes opened and asked what I was doing putting her on the floor. Luckily we were at a medical facility and not a Pharmacy, so they brought her into a room and hooked her up to monitors and her heartbeat and pulse were very low. She passed out a couple more times for a couple minutes but never stopped breathing. We stayed there for about 45 minutes until she was back to normal. She had never fainted when giving blood or getting a shot before. We haven't had any issues since except for about a month after getting the vaccine our arms became very sore for 2 days where we got the shot, which is strange it happened to both of us within the same week.

@atyourlasthourrr I haven't read all the replies, so other people may have had the same experience I've had. My Wife and I both got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine . On Thursday 12/23/2021 around 9PM out of nowhere I got really dizzy and could barely stand. I felt like I was going to vomit. I went right to bed. The next morning I felt a little dizzy but I work from home and worked the full day and felt fine by the end of the day. My Wife started to get a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose Friday 12/24/2021. She was fine in less than a week. My vaccinated Farther in law had recently had to go to the hospital due to Covid and wanted us to get tested, so he dropped some off for us. I tested negative but my Wife positive. Almost everyone in my Wife's family tested positive in the next week but never got sick and the unvaccinated never got sick or tested positive. Most people in our family got more sick from the vaccine than Covid.

My Wife and I got vaccinated at the same time in late October 2021. They asked us to wait 15 minutes before leaving. Less than 5 minutes after my Wife got her shot she said she started to feel strange. I asked her if she felt sick or faint and said No, just something doesn't feel right. I asked the nurse if they could get my Wife something to drink and maybe a cold towel to put on her forehead. I tuned around and my Wife had a blank stare and wasn't responding. Her eyes closed, fell forward and started to make the death rattle sound but I was able to catch her before she fell out of the chair. She stopped breathing, had no pulse or heart beat. I called for nurses and as we went to put my Wife on the floor, her eyes opened and asked what I was doing putting her on the floor. Luckily we were at a medical facility and not a Pharmacy, so they brought her into a room and hooked her up to monitors and her heartbeat and pulse were very low. She passed out a couple more times for a couple minutes but never stopped breathing. We stayed there for about 45 minutes until she was back to normal. She had never fainted when giving blood or getting a shot before. We haven't had any issues since except for about a month after getting the vaccine our arms became very sore for 2 days where we got the shot, which is strange it happened to both of us within the same week.

Dude, holy crap. I’ve heard of some weird reactions, but not that. So glad you guys happened to be at a medical center, and that everything ended up okay!

Ronald Reagan "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

Unless your house is on fire, or you need a cop, or you are asking the military to defend you from grave threats,
or your water is being polluted upstream by a majour chemical plant, or your civil rights are denied to you based
on sex, gender, race, or ethnicity. Then, by Jove, government is your desperately needed ally and friend.

This whole notion that the government in the US is solely and simply tyrannical shows just way too clearly how many
Americans have no idea what tyranny really is.

By the way, it was Reagan's massive defense spending---i.e., government---that broke the back of the Soviet Union, no?

As one of many descendants of Ukrainian immigrants I just have to say that throwing anything
about what is going on in Ukraine into the mix of this discussion is totally uncalled for, not to
mention irrelevant. It is telling, though, and quite pathetic!
I'm probably on your ignore list, but....

I didn't mean to say anything about the conflict itself. I'm happy to keep my opinions to myself on that one.

I was making fun of our (Americans) tendency to virtue signal support for basically any cause and thinking it'll do something.

It always reminds me of the first time I heard Darfur described as "It's a part of Africa run by an evil dictator who will stop killing his own people if enough Americans buy t-shirts made in Chinese sweat shops". That's what I meant to convey.

Btw folks, I've worked with the FDA, CDC, NIH and the WHO. They are interested in one thing. Money. Their altruistic endeavors ended long ago.

Yeah.....I used to work for a PI who's testified about drug scheduling. Aside from any competing interests, the complete inability of regulators and politicians to understand science is baffling.

It begs the question, what are all of the other motives out there? Vengeance against the system? Political gain? Profit? Passion of philosophical or religious beliefs? It can't just be that the establishment are the bad actors alone.

Can o worms I know, but I think it's important to remember that taking a side in this fight doesn't guarantee righteousness in the end. I believe that the likely truth is that there are bad or misguided people on every side of this, all having major negative impacts.

Anybody remember how health care workers went from being heroes to pariahs? Now did that happen? It was bad people with bad motives influencing the masses by praying on their fears and frustrations IMO.

I'm not convinced that Ivermectin has no value, but It damn sure needs to be better vetted by the science community than it has been. Not just by a few outliers. The most frightening thing is that this gets pushed as an alternative to vaccines to great affect. The science has clearly demonstrated that this is false. People like joe Rogan with an audience of 8 million people! He's no expert or in any way qualified to spread that bs, but he can and does.....

I know I'm not gonna change any minds here...I just gotta walk away! LOL...so hard once the hook is in ya!
Greed. Control. Wanting to look like you're doing something because saying "we need more information" isn't a viable political strategy when people are scared.

As far as Joe Rogan.....literally all he said was a list of everything his doctor prescribed. No one cared about the vaccine drip or monoclonal antibodies. No one cared that he's in great physical condition. No one even cared that it was prescribed.

And no one cared that he was working out 3 days later (IIRC; might have been 4).

CNN edited his instagram video to make him look hideous, though.

The food pyramid has a really interesting and awful history, that was detailed in the book The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz. The same guy who blessed our troops with K-Rations, Ancel Keyes, had a surprising amount to do with food recommendations in the United States, and that was based on manipulated and cherry-picked studies that were fed to the right politicians.

Experts are who ought move us forward, but how does a layman evaluate an expert? That's the issue here: whom do you trust? I certainly don't trust the food pyramid, but I do trust my Moderna vaccine. The crazy thing is that arguments of this nature can seem axiomatic. Without a shared pool of facts upon which to agree, it's like shouting past each other. I don't blame a single black person in the United States for mistrusting medical advice, after one has learned about the Tuskegee experiments, or after having their pain ignored by a doctor, or having been medically mistreated in a million other ways. But on the other hand, how much more brutal has Covid been for minorities due to vaccine hesitancy? Every part of this is brutal.

I'm no expert on any of this, so I've just listened to so many interviews with epidemiologists since it all started, and the advice has been strikingly similar. I'm just grateful to be alive, and grateful cases in the US are receding rapidly. This picture of bodies piled up next to living patients in Hong Kong makes me that much more grateful.

Yeah....it would have been better if the arguments hadn't been political and we could have let the actual scientists do their jobs. Just like the food pyramid.

Just not the ones that buried efficacy and safety data and ended up patenting a drug with basically the same mechanism of action as Ivermectin at ~100x the price.

That's scary.

Second dose of Moderna was the sickest I've ever been, but it wasn't that scary. The arm thing, OTOH....that started while I was sick from that second dose last April, except it's deeper, near the joint. It hasn't stopped, and I've given up hoping it will....I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have to live with it.

Unless your house is on fire, or you need a cop, or you are asking the military to defend you from grave threats,
or your water is being polluted upstream by a majour chemical plant, or your civil rights are denied to you based
on sex, gender, race, or ethnicity. Then, by Jove, government is your desperately needed ally and friend.

This whole notion that the government in the US is solely and simply tyrannical shows just way too clearly how many
Americans have no idea what tyranny really is.

By the way, it was Reagan's massive defense spending---i.e., government---that broke the back of the Soviet Union, no?
How many houses burned last year in California?

How many cops killed innocent people in their homes or cars last year?

How many Flint Michigan kids were poisoned by their water supply over the last decade to save a city buck?

Yeah, our government is SUPPOSED to be our lever against the powerful. But it's been turned against us.

Disclaimer: Not asking for actual medical advice here, I've already consulted with my doctor.

Started feeling randomly ill on Tuesday, woke up Wednesday feeling as if I got hit by a bus.

Dug up an at home test that was given to me some time ago, proceeded to poke my brain with the swab, and the damn thing comes out positive.

Went to a local medical facility to confirm and indeed, I'm positive for COVID.

I'm in my 30's, vaxxed, and in pretty good shape compared to most. This my first randevu with this virus.

I generally try not to take conventional medicines but it's honestly the only thing that's been subsiding my symptoms.

Is there anything non-conventional, vitamins, teas, etc. that's worked for any of you?

Likewise, any tips (aside from the conventional) for getting over this quick?
2nd page here:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...LCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf

How many Flint Michigan kids were poisoned by their water supply over the last decade to save a city buck?

Yeah, our government is SUPPOSED to be our lever against the powerful. But it's been turned against us.

You're right that all those instances are the worst. And our government is so unbelievably corrupt, but it's not like businesses and ordinary people don't have a ton of corruption in their ranks. So who ends up the gatekeepers? Without government, you also end up with stuff like child labor. I think the problem is corruption no matter what. And that's why government needs watchdogs with real teeth.

That's all sadly true, too. One does not discount the other, and depending on where we live, our
race, ethnicity, and gender means that our experience of government will be very different from
someone else's experience.

I don't think government is monolithic.

I am a qualified medical professional. There are plenty of reputable peer reviewed journal articles that recommend Ivermectin for early stage COVID in patients that do not require hospitalization.

This is no conspiracy theory. Ivermectin is a Nobel Prize winning medicine in humans.
The FDA would differ. As would accepted medical science. You say you're a "qualified medical professional." Well, your assertions do not adhere to accepted medical science. You are advocating quackery.

You should absolutely frack off. I am using Battlestar Galactica lingo, but please fill in the blanks with what I actually mean.

Holy Smokes Batman!

Did NOT intend for this to blow up like.. well um.. like this. :sweatsmile:

Just wanted to give yall a quick update and share a bit of what worked for me.

This is day 4 and I'm currently feeling good as new. Hell, I have a beer in my hand right now!

I pretty much died on Wednesday and Thursday. My rope of life was all the OTC stuff that I was pretty much taking down like a university kid does with alcohol at a frat house.

For those two days, I drank at least a gallon of water each day and adopted my cat's sleeping schedule.

My breakthrough happened when I reached out to a friend of mine (this was yesterday morning) who happens to be a physician.. (I went to some special high school so I have a lot of doctor friends)

He was able to make some phone calls and get me hooked up some monoclonal antibodies in a nearby city later on that day.

He didn't explain how it all works to me, he just heard his long time buddy suffering over the phone and I just knew he had my best interest in mind.

I drive up to the clinic he specified, asked for the doc by name and he was already waiting for me. He gave me the jab and sent me on my way..

Boy did that stuff make me feel TIRED. Not sure how I managed to make it back home, but I did and proceeded to sleep another 18 hours into the next day (today)..

I literally woke up this morning as if I've awoken from a 3 day long bad dream. I'm literally GOOD AS NEW.

I did my taxes, took care of some other crap I had hanging around, and even haggled with my insurance a bit to get a better rate on my Harley.

Right now, my only problem is that I technically still have to stay quarantined for another day or so..

Thank you all for the good wishes and advice!!

Also - honestly did not intend to start any sort of debate, just wanted some tips!

There are plenty of reputable peer reviewed journal articles that recommend Ivermectin for early stage COVID in patients that do not require hospitalization.

Please provide a link. I think this would be very informative.

DUDE! I'm glad yall are alright! That's one of the craziest vaccine stories I've ever heard!

Exactly. Cliff is a genius at what he does, but he is not a medical professional and not qualified to give medical advice. Again, this thread and those like it should be deleted. OP should go to a qualified doctor, not to this forum.

I was NOT asking for medical advice. My OP has a disclaimer and yes, I did consult my physician and took his advice.

My intention was to ask for any other non-traditional ways to subside my symptoms as I'm not the biggest fan of taking Tylenol and other OTC's.

Honestly, was hoping that someone could point me to some teas, vitamins, etc. that could help me get by without the OTC stuff. I would have tried it, and if it didn't do anything for me, well hell at least I tried something that's not Tylenol and Robitussin.

That was my original intention.

Last edited:
Re:

...and,
I was in a haze, but that's also what my physician friend who hooked me up with the monoclonals was saying.

...I should add that I also have the same report from a variety of medicine/pharma-adjacent sources.

Doesn't mean that what they say or do is automatically wrong. It just means that when doing or saying the right thing conflicts with their mixed institutional interests, it's likely that the wrong thing will be said or done, at least initially, and the right thing will eventually be said or done ten or twenty years later when interests have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom