Couple of quick questions

inkeyes

Inspired
Is there a quick way to create a blank patch? i.e. wipe a patch
Iv read through the manual and did a quick search but i couldnt find anything.

Also, do i need to download the editor in order to upload any patches from my computer? I have a couple of patches downloaded from other users that i thought sounded quite tasty and i would like to try them out.

Finally, is it possible to view patches on my computer using the editor without the unit connected? i.e. download a patch online and then have a quick look through it using the editor without having to have the axe-fx connected up.

Thanks in advance

inkeyes said:
Is there a quick way to create a blank patch? i.e. wipe a patch
Iv read through the manual and did a quick search but i couldnt find anything.
Preset 384 ("Bypass") on the factory banks is a simple row of Shunt blocks. You could copy that over any existing preset to wipe it out.

inkeyes said:
Also, do i need to download the editor in order to upload any patches from my computer? I have a couple of patches downloaded from other users that i thought sounded quite tasty and i would like to try them out.
Lars' editor is still the best way to do this, for now. A new editor from Fractal Audio is also in the works. Finally, you might be able to use a MIDI librarian for this.

inkeyes said:
Finally, is it possible to view patches on my computer using the editor without the unit connected? i.e. download a patch online and then have a quick look through it using the editor without having to have the axe-fx connected up.
Yes - Lars' editor will work in "offline" mode for viewing or editing presets.

Thanks for the reply, very comprehensive.

Is there a download anywhere of all the factory presets?
had a quick look on wiki but couldnt find any.

Thanks for the link, just to clarify, are the .zip files firmware update files and the .syx files in that directory the bank factory presets?
Just got my ultra so wanted to check if i could revert back to the old presets before i go messing about with them all, although i think its pretty unlikely i will ever decide, just nice to have i suppose

They are indeed.

You can always dump your original factory banks to your computer as well.

Sometimes a preset changes here and there.

Thought about doing that, but im not entirely sure how to go about it.
I have an audio interface i can hook up to the axe via midi cables.
I did abit reading but, i know nothing about midi. I read a midi librarian is needed, what is this?
is it not just possible to copy the banks off the axe fx via the midi cables and the audio interface?

inkeyes said:
Thought about doing that, but im not entirely sure how to go about it.
I have an audio interface i can hook up to the axe via midi cables.
I did abit reading but, i know nothing about midi. I read a midi librarian is needed, what is this?
is it not just possible to copy the banks off the axe fx via the midi cables and the audio interface?

Yes, but you need something that is going to turn store it in and then save in to a file. That is one thing a midi librarian does. it also let you send files to the axe-fx. you can read up on that stuff here:

http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index.php?title=MIDI

Yes, but you need something that is going to turn store it in and then save in to a file. That is one thing a midi librarian does.

Can this be done with software such as the editor, or is this librarian an actual physical piece of kit?

inkeyes said:
Yes, but you need something that is going to turn store it in and then save in to a file. That is one thing a midi librarian does.

Can this be done with software such as the editor, or is this librarian an actual physical piece of kit?
A MIDI librarian is computer software, that works with a MIDI interface (hardware) to connect to your computer to your MIDI device (Axe-Fx).

The purpose of MIDI librarian software is to serve as a place to store user patches (Axe-Fx presets), and to be able to move them back and forth between your computer and your MIDI device.

Lar's editor is an example of computer software that is both a Patch Editor and a MIDI librarian.

Thanks guys, as mortega said above, you guys are great. I have passed through many forums and discussion pages online and i have to say this place seems to have the nicest community iv come across.
Part of me cant believe i havent been ripped to shreds and flamed to death. Glad iv found such a mature and friendly community!

inkeyes said:
Thanks guys, as mortega said above, you guys are great. I have passed through many forums and discussion pages online and i have to say this place seems to have the nicest community iv come across.
Part of me cant believe i havent been ripped to shreds and flamed to death. Glad iv found such a mature and friendly community!
Just don't ask the following...

When is the FAS Controller coming out?
When is the Fratomic FRFR coming out?
When is the Editor coming out?
Where's my Framus V30 4x12 IR?
I sent 20 emails to sales@fractalaudio.com, why haven't I heard back? It's been 10 minutes!?!?
When is the Axe-PC coming out? And will it have piracy protection? Cuz I want to load it on my machine and my grandma's PII 200 Mhz with 64mb of ram running Cakewalk Pro Audio 3.0 :D

... Just don't ask and you'll be fine! ;)

mortega76 said:
inkeyes said:

I sent 20 emails to sales@fractalaudio.com, why haven't I heard back? It's been 10 minutes!?!?
When is the Axe-PC coming out? And will it have piracy protection? Cuz I want to load it on my machine and my grandma's PII 200 Mhz with 64mb of ram running Cakewalk Pro Audio 3.0 :D

You forgot, I just updated the firmware and now I don't have any volume :D

javajunkie said:
mortega76 said:
inkeyes said:

Yes! that's right! Mo, how could you forget! You st(@(U&(# #*@&$$!!!

;)
Kidding. :D :D :D :D

Dutch said:
javajunkie said:
mortega76 said:

Yes! that's right! Mo, how could you forget! You st(@(U&(# #*@&$$!!!

;)
Kidding. :D :D :D :D

This is so much better than my morning funnies.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom