Counterfeit Guitars

They're faking a lot more stuff than just Gibson, Fender, and PRS.

They're faking the small builders too, now. Like Kauer and Berumen aGuitars..
Kauer Daylighter Express Supreme PROTO Electric Guitar price:$435 - Electric Guitars for sale

and Berumen Guitars..
Berumen FlatTop SC Redwood Top Electric Guitar price:$530 - Electric Guitars for sale

and others I've seen...

I'm considering buying one of these myself, because both Kauer and Berumen use my pickup on their guitars. The Berumen fake claims to have my pickups on it, which tells me someone's faking my work as well.

Kauer Daylighter Express Supreme PROTO Electric Guitar price:$435 - Electric Guitars for sale

and Berumen Guitars..
Berumen FlatTop SC Redwood Top Electric Guitar price:$530 - Electric Guitars for sale

and others I've seen...

I'm considering buying one of these myself, because both Kauer and Berumen use my pickup on their guitars. The Berumen fake claims to have my pickups on it, which tells me someone's faking my work as well.

Why are you so furious, Dave?

In all seriousness, it's disgusting to be ripping companies off, but it's worse when you're directly taking food out of the mouths of the small companies, such as yourself.

Why are you so furious, Dave?

In all seriousness, it's disgusting to be ripping companies off, but it's worse when you're directly taking food out of the mouths of the small companies, such as yourself.

I'm not sure which "Dave' you're referring to, but I'm not Dave.:lol

I stand corrected!

Hey, it's no big thing - just another one of the common mis-preconceptions
thumbsup.gif

Of course we have strayed from the general thrust here and Rick has is spot on that there's a world of difference between inexpensive guitars and something blatantly being sold as something it's not

and Berumen Guitars..

and others I've seen...
Interesting site. They're better than most at pretending to be native English speakers, though they don't quite achieve that goal. It's cute how they categorize their merchandise: "green electric guitars," "blue electric guitars," "pink electric guitars..."

It said in the guitar description that it had Dave Allen Fury pickups. I was trying to make with teh funnehs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh yes, that was the Kauer listing, right? For some reason, they completely borked the description of the guitar and gave a description of a Knaggs guitar instead. Both Doug Kauer and I thought that was a little funny...
Doug has been using my work since WB went tits up after ripping off a bunch of people.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, not enough time to read through the thread. It doesn't particularly matter to me if it's authentic, but how can you tell if it's legitimate or not? If the serial number isn't reliable, how can we be sure?

Somebody on the Tom Anderson forum posted a link to a place that was selling "Anderson drop tops" for around $500. It was obviously bogus junk. Tom just laughed it off. It's too bad somebody might get fooled by that but, if a deal looks too good to be true...

Back
Top Bottom