Countdown 0.5...

As a first post by a person who is familiar with developing DSP and embedded solutions, I don't see why the lack of a more powerful or capable DSP core means that hardware updates are superfluous.

Cliff may have come up with a better embedded hardware design. Perhaps a better peripheral DAC/ADC chipset, better clocking, a better FPGA solution for logic control. Many things can be done to improve digital thruput at higher resolution, or increase processing efficiency. This on top of the demand for midi merging and USB interfacing makes it easy to believe new hardware is likely. Why not better display and control scheme while he's at it? Technology in that dept. is far cheaper and easier to develop and acquire than it was 6 years ago.

I thinks its a reboot to the AXE.

Pah, our vintage Axe FX will rule for 40 more years. The new Made in China crap will never sound as good.

this is the ONE thing I really hope NOT to see. "Made in China". Much more than any other change it will sour and disappoint me. Part of why I don't own an Atomic and never will.

Prediction: What appears on its face to be a very obvious death-knell for the beloved Ultra Axe-FX will make us all zinged by the ultimate announcement and ashamed for thinking that Cliff did us wrong with a new, superior Axe FX. I think it will be something that will work with the already existing Axe-FX to enhance the abilities of the Axe-FX, in other words, some other piece of kit that will enhance the Axe-FX Ultra, not replace it...how this would be implemented is beyond my ability to understand, but that's my best guess.

One thing that blows my mind is how "empty" the case is. It looks like you could fit the guts for a second unit in there. So who knows...maybe a hardware upgrade for the existing AXE is what we will see.

Assuming it's a new hardware unit it will be interesting to see the direction this thread takes!!!

this is the ONE thing I really hope NOT to see. "Made in China". Much more than any other change it will sour and disappoint me. Part of why I don't own an Atomic and never will.

Are you serious? Who cares where something is made? :S Pretty much all digital gear is made in Asia anyway.

I don't think that they'll be completely replacing the Ultra, otherwise the way they've chosen to market the new 'launch' wouldn't make any sense. Giving out no info at all about a replacement being worked on, then doing a major countdown & saying that all current users will be 'happy', then having the european distributor poking fun at your entire existing client base by basically saying 'yours isn't current anymore!' would make no sense whatsoever if what you were going to be selling wasn't either an add-on or an upgrade to the existing product.

All this talk of "happy" is odd and, frankly, infantile for grown men to me. Creators are not responsible for "happiness". The AF has always done what Cliff advertised and more.
Whether you bought an Axe three years ago, three months ago or three weeks ago you got what you were promised, to the letter.

Ummm....I think we are all just having a bit of fun trying to guess the surprise and using Cliff's comments as clues. No one has accused Fractal of not delivering. If it's the next gen Axe, I will happily buy one, and the "happiness" shall be supplied by me.

Ummm....I think we are all just having a bit of fun trying to guess the surprise and using Cliff's comments as clues. No one has accused Fractal of not delivering. If it's the next gen Axe, I will happily buy one, and the "happiness" shall be supplied by me.

Have you read this forum recently? I think a lot of expectations do not align with yours (logical) at all. People asking about "give backs" for recent purchases, etc. I wouldn't have bothered if what you were saying was so sweepingly the case.

Maybe the Nebula is to show universe or universal ..It kinda been hinted at that all the resources are in place .maybe it is an outsource but to an American building facility that can mass produce.

Lower prices ,a multi product line Extreme ,Lite ,and mass distribution and products in stock ..
In addition the Axe Edit GUI release and a Huge firmware ver 11 release

Well, for all you people out there that are going to have a boat anchor tomorrow I'll buy Ultra today. Pennies on the dollar. Offer ends soon.

It all sounds like there will be a successor to the Ultra, and the standard (the one pictured in g66's "countdown 1") will go out of production. The current Ultra will fit in the current Standard's shoes.

Pah, our vintage Axe FX will rule for 40 more years. The new Made in China crap will never sound as good.

I`m shocked! Just don`t know if on a good or bad way ... but for shure, i will proudly say in ten years: Yes, i was one of the guys playin`the REAL axe fx :) whatever the next gen will be: i want it! but i love what i have ... and i am sure: This device will be something like the H3000 / TC2290 or in analog: a 64 Deluxe Reverb or an 59 Bassman, early plexi, whatever ... On tuesday my axe will sound hopefully better than today.... but whatever happens: i love this timeless unit of pro gear!

I think all clues point to a new hardware unit, but with either a hardware upgrade for current owners or a trade-in policy to upgrade to a new hardware unit offered.

That's about the only thing I can think of that would make everyone very happy.

The processor isn't in need of upgrade, but the memory and the input/output features (like USB) are.

Gave it more thought... It sounds deceptive from the #1 countdown... If Cliff´s gonna make all of us happy, must be a new firmware, one which will allow the Axe to double the number of amp models, FX and all... AND have even better models, if that is even possible!, and a totally redesigned interface.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom